Chapter 4: Understanding

Your perspective 

It didn't take long to reach the bathroom, but you didn't immediately begin to tidy yourself up. Instead, a cloud of smoke rose around you similarly as it did with Paris, revealing a more human version of yourself looking at Yumi. "Miss wright, would it be fine if I referred to you as that?" You asked, getting down on your knees to meet her at eye level. She stepped back a little bit, fear noticeable in her eyes. "J-Just Yumi, please..." she responded. Noticing the nerves coming from her, you tilted your head to the side a little and gave her a soft smile. "Paris said that two of our creator's mistakes had been dealt with... I suppose one of them had reached you?" You asked in a calm, slightly hushed tone, and earning a shaky nod from Yumi. 

You sighed, cursing yourself for having not been there in the first place. "Listen, If your view on me isn't entirely positive due to what you've encountered, that's perfectly fair, and you don't have to trust me right away just because of Paris. I just want you to know that, unlike most other things my creator built, I have no intention to harm you." You explained, Yumi easing up a little bit. You then stood back up, popping several joints into place, and started undoing the ribbon around your waist. "Would you mind if I... take these to get the washed?" Yumi asked, gesturing to your dirty clothes.  Looking down in surprise, you smiled at her again, placing the hand basket that had been attached to the ribbon onto the sink rim. 

Paris' perspective

"Once again, if it doesn't trouble you, Dear." "It's fine! I just need to put it through the washing machine, and it should be good as new!" Paris overheard the two talking as he walked past, pausing next to the door to listen.  "Thank you, Yumi. Now, I have a question," (Y/N) began, Paris leaning against the wall to better clearly listen. "What was it that you encountered? If it isn't too personal." 'What in the world is she doing? Interrogation?' Paris thought to himself as he continued to listen. "Well... My adoptive mom brought home a teddy bear one day... and then it came to life," "and tried to attack you?" (Y/N) finished, cutting off Yumi. "And... the second one... a pair of red shoes that tried to kill my friend." Yumi finished, her tone becoming somber. "Oh you poor child..." (Y/N) responded, a sympathetic tone entering her voice. 'Already becoming protective of her, even though you just met? Typical.' Paris thought to himself, silently chuckling and a small smile crossing his face. 

He peered in slightly, curious as to what actions (Y/N) had taken after hearing Yumi's story. Not to his surprise, the now life size doll had gotten onto its knees to comfort the girl. She was whispering something, but quiet for Paris to make it out. After a few minutes, (Y/N) got back on her feet, gently patting Yumi's head and earning a smile. "I should probably get myself cleaned up," (Y/N) started, turning to look at Paris and meeting his gaze directly. "Without the eyes of my partner watching me. Am I wrong, Paris?" A smirk crossed her face as Paris backed away. 'Blasted clever woman...' He thought to himself. 

"How long did you know I was there?" Paris asked her, earning a chuckle out of (Y/N). "You have to remember, your steps aren't exactly the quietest when going up a stair case. I knew you were listening for about half the conversation." (Y/N) answered him, giving a mischievous grin the whole response. He stepped away, flustered and frustrated, and headed to Yumi's room with (Y/N) giggling in the bathroom through the most of it.