Chapter 9: Paranoia

Fan art submitted by pleurs!

Paris's view

Paris looked around, his head frantically snapping in various directions. No luck. No trace of (Y/N)'s presence to be seen. 'Collect yourself, Paris. She must be somewhere nearby.' He thought to himself, in an attempt to keep himself collected as he searched. He could only find the remains from the soldier's presence, marking some of the walls and floor. No proof of (Y/N) having been anywhere in the building. "Drat..." He huffed to himself, and after checking around one last time, he hopped over from the window of the previous building to the rooftop she'd been on. And he froze, once he saw what was on top of it. 

Sitting on top of the rooftop was a relatively small, amber brown basket sitting on its side. Alone. It looked unfit to carry anything, but that was what made it able to hold the many toys it had been tasked with over the past years. And it had been left behind by its owner, (Y/N). "Wait... She'd never leave this lying around somewhere. Never on purpose." He muttered, and walked over to pick up the abandoned item. 'Why am I so... anxious about this? She's only my partner.' He thought to himself, as he took off to head back to Yumi's home.

"Where am I...? Paris... Help me... I need you..."

Once Paris arrived home, he was bombarded with questions from Yumi. "Paris! You're back! Are you okay?!" She began as Paris took off the cover up he'd been wearing in the night. "Was my dream wrong? Was another one of those things there? Did you stop it?" She looked at him and went silent, as a somber expression was layered over his face. "Well, I am just fine, Your dream was spot on as there was definitely evidence of another one's presence, And," He paused, putting (Y/N)'s basket on top of a nearby cabinet. "Unfortunately, no... The soldier managed to take off before either of us could catch it. And even more-so unfortunate, it appears as if they managed to take of with my partner as well as the child." He huffed, and hung the cover up onto one of the hangers in the closet. Afterwards, he sat onto the bed, hunched over and supporting himself with his elbows. 

Yumi looked over at the basket, and back over to Paris as he sighed. "How are we supposed to know where the soldier could have taken them? Unless you had another dream while I was gone, we have no leads to point us in the correct direction." He looked up at Yumi with seriousness glowing from his eyes. She hesitated for a moment, before they heard a ring from the doorbell. "Lily!" Yumi chimed up, and left Paris upstairs to go greet her babysitter. He placed his head in his hands and groaned softly, letting his thoughts wander. 'Why am I so worried about this? I'm supposed to be the calm and collected one in these situations!' He began to think, continuing to let his mind wander. 'We've... never truly been separated... At least without me knowing her location... That must be why. I'm just not used to this kind of scenario.

He stood up, and went downstairs to go join Lily and Yumi, who were talking on the couch. Once Paris stepped into the room, Yumi turned her attention to him and ran up. "Paris! I think I might have an idea how to find the two of them!" She piped up, immediately causing Paris's eyes to light up in surprise. "Would you mind elaborating on this, dear Yumi?" He asked, and Yumi started playing with her thumbs. "Well... one of Them might've seen where they went."