Last day in Shanghai | Thursday 2nd of May

Dear Diary,

     Today was our last full day here in Shanghai before we head back to Australia tomorrow. Today was just about buying anything we want or need to take back to Australia and visiting any places that we need to visit before we leave.
     I literally only got two hours of sleep because people were always snoring. At one point it was my brother snoring so loud, then my mum shushed him, then, five minutes later, it was my dad. And he kept changing positions and changing his snoring so I could. Not. Sleep! It wasn't until it started to get lighter outside that I actually fell asleep.
     So we got up in the morning. My dad had bought some fresh croissants and fresh and warm egg tarts so we all sat down and ate some. Somehow, we got onto the topic of old boy and girl bands from the 1980's to 2010's. How all the amazing individual artists have come from bands. Mel B came from the Spice Girls, Justin Timberlake was from NSYNC, Beyoncé came from Destiny's Child, Robie Williams from Take That!, Ronan Keating from Boy Zone, even Michael Jackson came from The Jackson 5.
     So after breakfast, we were blasting music from those artists from my dad's laptop and my dad was telling me tons of facts.
Then we got ready to go out. We went to Mini So in the shopping centre near us and got a few things. As we were walking out of Carefour, we saw a phone repair shop which we thought might be able to help with my phone situation. So we gave them the phone and they opened it up and showed us the parts that were burnt. Unfortunately, it's not worth it to spend on it to get it fixed, I might as well buy a new phone. So I guess not.
R.I.P iPhone 2018 to 2019. (It's actually my mum's old phone so it would have broken soon anyway)
Then we slowly walked to find a restaurant to have lunch at that my mum had found on the internet. It took us ages, and we were scared we had already passed it, but then we found it, finally.
We ordered our food which was really nice and we planned on going there for dinner as well. The restaurant we ate at, was a restaurant that many famous Asian people went to and ate at so that's pretty cool! As we were leaving, my dad and I watched as the chef in the kitchen was making fresh dumplings. They were huge:

     Then we got going

Then we got going. We walked really slowly and we stopped at a few shops and bought things and got a bag of chestnuts to eat as a snack. Then we walked back to the hotel to relax for a while.
Around 6pm, we head off again to go have dinner. As we were walking, my dad stopped us because he said he heard a cat meow. So we stopped and listened carefully. Soon we could all hear it meowing. We were all looking to see where it was. In the trees?? On the wall?? Of course, we did not expect it to be on the highway ledge!
We saw the silhouette of the cat on a ledge beneath the highway above us. The top of the ledge was approximately 12 metres high! No wonder the cat couldn't jump. We immediately had the urge to help it down. Unfortunately, China isn't like Australia.
In Australia, you can call anyone who is a help service, we even have organisations dedicated to saving animals like RSPCA. You can call SES or triple zero (000) which is the fire brigade, ambulance and police, and they will come without hesitation. They will stop traffic to save any animal. But in China, there are not many organisations and calling emergency services still might not solve the problem! That's crazy! No offense, but every country should be able to save animals without hesitation!
We promised ourselves that we'd come back for the cat and try to help. When we about to cross the road, we saw two policemen which we immediately rushed over to. My mum told them that there was a cat on the ledge and that they should get it down. They said "we'll see what we can do" so we got going. Surely the policemen will do something about it!
So we walk to the restaurant and have a nice dinner. It is 9:45pm by the time we walk back to the ledge. We can't see the cat but we call it and we hear it call back. It steps out and answers us. When we look closer, it looks like just a young cat! It is literally a kitten! A baby! How did an angel get up on that ledge! It broke my heart to see it.
My dad walked closer to the ledge. He stood on the curb and called to it, holding his arms out. My dad doesn't give a crap that when it jumps it will dig it's claws into his arms. We're gonna save this cat! It paces the ledge and keeps calling to my dad. It looks like it's gonna jump, but then it steps back and paces more.
My dad told me, that if it jumped, it would make it. Even if my dad didn't catch it, there was an area of thick bushes that would break the fall. But if the cat is scared, it won't jump. I stood with my dad and called to it to jump but it didn't.
We all stood there for half an hour, calling to the cat to jump but it just wouldn't jump. Soon, we were all being eaten alive by mosquitos and my parents told us we had to go. My brother started to ball his eyes out because he didn't want to leave the cat there. I started to cry a little (I'm a wimp and I'm proud). My dad said he'd have a look on the internet for an organisation that saves animals close by.
As we were walking away, the cat started crying louder and louder and I was crying a lot. I felt so evil walking away from it when we could save it. I will not be happy until I know that cat is safe.
In the hotel room, we all get ready for bed and my dad has a look at organisations. He said he found one with a number and my mum will call tomorrow morning. Please, please, please come and save this cat!
I sit down and write this before going to bed.
Goodnight.

***

Thank you for 199 views! I appreciate it so much!
Let's all hope that we can save that cat.
❤️🙏🙏🙏❤️
Thank you for being such nice human beings on this journey I've taken to explore China! Thanks for reading, voting, commenting! Unfortunately, this journey is nearly done.
I hope you have a good day/night!
<3

***