Chapter 21

"Why did you leave like that?" Hazel entered the car as I started the engine, angrily. "Why did he mean by meet me at Lakeshore, one-on-one?  What's up with the guns?" Her questions burned my anger with waves of flames. "Why are you ignoring me?"

Hazel was the last person on my mind. I wanted revenge and I was ready to fight. He wanted my skin, I was ready to give it to him. Colin Halls challenged me. He made me feel like I was the loser. He pointed his gun at me. He lied straight to my face. He accused me of being a criminal. I was ready to give him the taste of his own poison. 

His betrayal was a blessing.

Friends can deceive you in many ways.

Colin and I were best friends. He was the senator's son. Jessica Halls, my ex-lover, was his sister. I was only twelve when I joined the gang for a few months. Colin's gang. He used to tell me that I was a loser, I was an imbecile and I was scared of big challenges. He used to compare me to him. As a kid, I wanted to know more. I wanted answers. I wanted to be a bad boy just like Colin and I succeeded but it wasn't a great choice for my reputation.
Cops used to come to my house every night. I used to steal cars, break into people's house to scare them away. I had a gun but I never had the courage to shoot anyone. I was good on the inside but Colin killed in cold blood. He was heartless and insensitive.

One night, I realized Colin was doing too much. He used to rob for fun. His parents were millionaires. Colin didn't really need anything. He used to make fun of poor people. He was proud to be the leader of the gang because his father used to pay for his bail every time. He wasn't scared. He thought money was the best thing in life. He was wrong. I had a choice and I decided to snitch and tell the cops about everything but he threw me under the bus. He told my father that I was stealing cars and break into people's private home. The worst part was, he had videos of me doing that. I didn't have a voice anymore.

My father forbade me to go out with my friends. I stayed indoors for years and years. The only place I went to was the forest. I had private courses with different teachers every day. I didn't even have the chance to go to a public school anymore. My dad wanted me to be an example to society. I was his son after all and he had the right to do what he did to me back then. 

Colin deserves revenge after everything he did to me. He ruined my father's reputation, my life. There's no way, I'm going to let him get away this time. He wants my skin, I want his broken bones.

"You're home." I started, dryly. "Make sure you sleep and don't wait on me." My tone was cold as ice. I was right in front of her house. I was late for my appointment with Colin and I didn't want him to think that I was a scary coward.

Hazel was a broken clock. She didn't want to move.

"Where are you going?" Her question tested my patience at the wrong time. "Can we talk?"

"Right now is not a good time, Hazel," I said, firmly. "Can you just please go? I want to make sure you're safe. Please, go inside." I begged, impatiently.

"It's Two O'clock in the morning. Where are you going?" I played with my messy brows as I tried so hard not to lose control. "You're about to meet this creepy guy again. Aren't you? Today was supposed to be our first date and you don't even care about me. Who are you right now?" My temper tasted the tone of her voice and dug for revenge.

"I'm still the same person," I admitted. "I just want you to go inside the house so I can leave. Simple." I gestured. "The door is right there. What's so hard about it?"

"You're being selfish right now." She started. "I thought today was going to be a great day but it's not the case. You are about to fight someone immature instead of spending time with your own girlfriend. Do you think that's fair? Do you?" Tears greeted her eyes, unexpectedly. "I don't even know who you are right now. You were so sweet to me and now you're completely someone else. It's like there's a bad side of you. You're scaring me."