Pretending You Were Still Here

I still clearly remember the first time we met. I was doing my everyday routine walking my dog in the park and i saw you there. You were prettily sitting on the grass reading a book under that big tree. Honestly i never saw someone looked so pretty with glasses before but you are the only exception. I walked closer to you with my dog and he was the one who approached you. I saw you cutely startled because of our presence.

I show you my smile when you were looking up at me and you replied it back with a beautiful smile. My dog already making himself comfortable sitting on your lap as he stared at your angelic face. You let out a chuckled and pat him on the head. I was jealous because he got your attention. So i bravely sat beside you too and you adverted your gaze toward me.

I introduced myself as Kim Taeyeon and you told me your real name too. Jessica Jung and i already like it. I asked you if you were a foreigner and you said no. You were born and raised in America. You came back to Korea because of your father's job when you was 11 years old. I even asked your Korean name but you don't have one. It's hard to pronounced your name perfectly so i gave you a nickname. I called you Sica as a short for your name and you gave me one too. It's Taengoo.

I asked for your number and you happily gave it to me. I will message you everyday and you nodded your head. I brought Zero home after bidding you goodbye. After taking a bathe and had dinner, i quickly went back to my room and laid on the bed. I took my phone and started to chat with you, sending you a simple messages. After a few minutes you replied me back.

We talked a lot and almost every night i called you just to hear your sweet voice. I always asked you to sing for me and you granted my wish.

I still remember the way i asked you to be my girlfriend. We were in the Han river watching a sunset together. You were busy looking at the sky while me was looking at your perfect face. Whenever you smile, i will smile too. I don't care if people called me crazy because i am really crazy in love with you. You tear your gaze toward me and you show that smile again. A beautiful smile that always could melted my heart. I slowly leaned closer and kissed you on the lips. You were shocked at first and i deepened the kiss more making you return it back with so much passion.

We pulled away from the kiss when we need air. We were looking at each other eyes with a smile appeared on our lips. You asked me what was that and i bravely confessed to you. I told you i don't know when this feeling came but i know that i really love you more than a friend. With a shy smile you said that you felt the same way too. I don't care with people were looking at us when i once again pulled you for another kissed.

I don't know where it went wrong. I became distance to you after i got this big project. I'm architect and you were a doctor. I never had breakfast, lunch or dinner together with you anymore. I always neglected your presence in our house. I even forgot about our anniversaries.

I still remember our argument that i slapped you hard on the face.

We were having a dinner together for the first time. You asked me if i have a time tomorrow because you wanted me to be home together with you. I said no because i need to finished my project. You whined and asked me to stop thinking about work only for one day. I got annoyed with your childish behavior so i slapped you. We were shocked. I was shocked because i hit you for the first time while i know you didn't expected me to do that to you.

You started to ignore me after that night and i went back to finished my project. We were acting like there's nothing happened between us. I felt guilty but at the same time i'm thinking about my pride. I shouldn't be the one who asked for apologized because it's clearly not my fault but hers. She forced me.

It's been 3 months she had been ignoring me and i felt frustrated. I need her, I need her touch but she weren't here. I asked Yuri to brought a girl from her club to my house. She refused at first but i said that i will paid double and she agreed.

I used that girl to released all my stress and i realized that i was too rough while having sex with her. I don't think about Jessica at all since i was busy having fun with this sexy girl under me. I don't know that someone was here too watching this disgusting scene between me and this younger girl with teary eyes.

I heard a familiar voice called my name so i turn around and saw you. I stop with whatever i'm doing right now as i tried to approached you. You furiously shake your head to the left and right. I felt worse and useless for making you hurt like this. You ran away while crying. I wore back my black hoodie and shorts then i rushed after you leaving the younger girl in our room. I shouted your name but you didn't look at me.

What came next making me shocked and froze like a mannequin. I saw you got hit by a car and rolled down on the road. I saw your head were bleeding because of the hard impacted just now. I rushed to your side and gently held you close to me. I was crying and shouting for help. I noticed people started to crowding the place and one of them already called an ambulance. You called my name with a weak tone and i look down at you.

You show your beautiful smile again. I asked for your forgiveness and you said that you already forgave me. I don't deserve you because you were such an angel and i hurt you. You said that you really love me and before i could say anything you finally letting go of your last breath. I screamed so hard because i couldn't believe it. I tried waking you up by calling your name and pinched your cheeks but it's no used. You were gone leaving me alone in regrets. You were gone on your birthday and i just realized that.

Every time i opened my eyes i saw you. You were there prepared for my work clothes. You were there prepared a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. You were there feeding our pet, Zero. You were there reading a book at the living room while wearing your glasses. You were there beside me at night. You were there singing for me until i fall asleep.

I know you weren't here anymore. I know you were in heaven right now. I know you were looking at miserable me. I know you felt upset with what i became now. I couldn't move on from the incident that happened to you. I couldn't accept the fact that you were gone.

I still pretending that you were here with me no matter what people asked me to stop imagines everything.

END