Part 4

I have a general idea of where I'm going with this story, I swear... I'm just... missing the target ever so slightly.

◽️◽️◽️

Woojin's POV

"So," Chan starts, "are you coming or not?" He held out his hand. It looked so welcoming, so I took it. I nod my head with small movement, a slight tint of pink washing over my ears. He smiles at me.

"We'll find him, don't worry, I'm almost positive."

"Almost?" I question while raising an eyebrow.

"Well it happens sometimes, okay?!" He pouts like a child, glancing over his shoulder. I just laugh and hit his shoulder.

"Lets go," I grin at him. He escapes out of his fake pout and into a serious face, then nods. Sometimes I just want to know what in the world makes him so child-like at times, then so mature in a flash. Probably teenage hormones.

I unlatch the door from its single, broken lock. I can still latch it, it makes Seungmin and I feel safe at times, even if it is useless. Chan twists the doorknob and whips the door open. The people outside the door shock us.

Seungmin and Nurse Hwang were standing outside. Nurse Hwang looked furious and Seungmin seemed to not know what was happening.

"Nurse Hwang?!" Chan and I exclaim, "w-what could you possibly be doing here?" I ask, fiddling with the buttons of my coat.

"Well, it so happens that Seungmin and my son are buddies, might I also ask what your business is here, Mr. Kim, Mr. Bang?" She crosses her arms. Seungmin runs up to me and nuzzles his face into my long coat.

"You took out the good coat!" He smiles as his nose starts to run from the sudden climate change. I wipe it with a tissue from a mini tissue pack I received for Christmas.

"There!" I giggle as I crouch down to his level. Nurse Hwang looks suspiciously at me.

"Do you so happen to be his guardian?" She asks, looking directly into my eyes.

"Ah, I think so? I'm not legally bounded, but I am his brother." I explain while getting up from the floor. "Kinda like an obligation. My parents are still alive, but are divorced... Why do you ask?"

"Well, if you don't notice, your brother is very beaten. I was wondering, who could possibly be doing this? The children are not strong enough to hurt each other like this!" Her voice raises ever so slightly. She points he finger at Seungmin, not breaking eye contact with me. Seungmin jumps a tad from the sudden movement. He soon went from my side to her's.

"Hyunjin's mommy, it's okay! Father doesn't like my face so he hits it, that's all!" Seungmin exclaims whilst pulling on her sleeve. She looks at him in horror.

"He hits you? Because of your face?! What does he do exactly?!" She shouts, bringing Seungmin slightly aback. He's scared, he doesn't like yelling. He can take it, but he's still a child, and loud sounds make him nervous. I can see his hand shaking and then clenching onto the ends of his sleeves.

I grab the collar of his puffy jacket and pull him towards me as I back hug him. He begins to tear up. (One Thing you should never do to a child is acknowledge pain or something bad, they'll cry even harder, but for now, I'm going to make Seungmin a calm child). Chan walks up to the two of us and strokes Seungmin's head.

"Shhh.. it's okay.. she's just asking you to tell her what your father does." He says in a low, calming voice. It was an octave lower than usual, I bet it can put a child to sleep. Seungmin wipes away his tears and struts up to Nurse Hwang.