Part 8

◽️◽️◽️

A street lamp is only a part of millions of lights that illuminate the red light district. 

Woojin has received a flier for a job that payed well in that area. He knew what he was getting into, and it was all for his brother.

The loud bass of club music clashes with the surrounding chatter and sounds of drunk men and women. A place for adults, but still has a high population of teenagers. For being so young, Woojin charmed others, allowing him to snatch the job after some small talk with the owner, who knows of his official age.

"Can you start today? Friday's are our busiest." The owner clasps his hands together. Most of the people in the club wore a bare minimum of clothes. Lots of booty shorts and crop tops. All Woojin can do is nervously scan the room, hoping he won't be required to dress in such attire.

"Ah! Don't be scared." The man catches onto his drift, "I won't make you wear such a flimsy thing! I'm not one who likes to be reported to the police." He winks. "You can be a simple waiter, if someone hits on you, feel free to decline."

Woojin sighs in relief, clenching onto his chest. "Praise the lord..."

He ties a black apron around his waist and begins to take orders of alcoholic drinks and hangover meals. As Woojin walks towards the bar, passing the dance floor, someone attempts to slap his behind. Instead his lower back is hit.

In surprise, Woojin turns to meet face to face with an older man. 

Are those what people call old drunkards? He asks himself. Before he walks away, images of his father flash into his mind.

The similarity is-

His thoughts were interrupted by the man gripping his waist.

"Ah, Hey!" Woojin is about to push the drunkard off of him, but someone beat him to the punch. Literally.

The man stumbles onto the floor, clubbers clearing the way. A slight silence fills the dance floor, only music can be heard.

"You little piece of!-"

"Don't touch this one, I claimed it first!" The mystery 'savior' exclaims, his eyes glaring down onto the other. Woojin was thankful.

Wait.... He snaps himself out of his daze, did he just call me an 'it'?!

Pushing himself off of the latter's chest, Woojin trips slightly before regaining his balance.

"Excuse me! I don't belong to anyone!" He chastises fearfully. He has never been in such a quarrel. Sooner or later, the crowds attention diverts back to the music, leaving the three angered men alone.

"Woojin!" The owner calls, motioning towards the back room. Quickly, he scurries towards his boss, grateful.

"Hah~ Thank you..." He mumbles under his heavy sigh. "It was getting heated, I sure hope I didn't inconvenience you!" Woojin bows, earning a hand waving away the embarrassment.

"Please, no problem at all. It's kinda like you're a princess who needs saving. You fit in well, it's just, are you sure you're fine with such a job? This is a repetitive occurrence." The boss cups one of his cheeks in his hand, looking at Woojin with intent. "I've had many young waiters and waitresses and they all quit for this bombarding reason."

"Well then I'll just be the one to not quit for such a reason." He grins brightly. The owner pauses before breaking out into hysterical laughter.

"Pfft! Wh-why are you so motivated?" He wipes an invisible tear from his tear duct.