Part 17

Contemplating life decisions

I needed time to plan out what's going to happen in future chapters because P L O T 

◽️◽️◽️

Woojin POV

I let my legs dangle off of the side of my bed as I lay down onto my back. I stare blankly at the ceiling, but my mind was anything but blank.

 Thoughts jumble in my head as if there were a traffic jam I need to steer away from. The statement always comes back. The statement I don't know if I should accept, or avoid

I'm in love with Chan.

All the times he's been kind to me. Even when I refused his help, he would always resiliently bounce back. I don't know the reason as to why he would do it. It was almost impulsive, yet the intent in his actions said otherwise.

Kindness is not the only factor. You also have to count his humor, personality, the comfortable silence you can drown in if you want to, or even the clamorous conversations. No way you can forget his eyes. Too many reasons to like a person, I can't describe it. 

But I'm scared.

He might be like that to everyone for all I know. His smile runs a long way. There always is a possibility for a slight difference since I'm his close friend. Other than that, maybe not.

In the movies, I always wonder why the lead is too scared to ask out the love interest because of risking their friendship. I found it laughable and honestly thought it was foolish. "Of course he/she loves you, ask em out already!"

But now I know how they must feel. To barricade your perfect relationship with unrequited feelings is almost like a stab through the heart.

I'm not ready to get stabbed. I know it will happen. The lingering feeling in my chest bubbled inside of me, ready to burst, but I'm sure it can hang on for the slightest bit longer. But I know, I know I'll have to ask one of these days...

Chan POV

I lead my way though the halls of the Hwang household. Dinner was approaching and I so happened to be in the area, so why not. And plus! I can surprise Woojin!

As I approach his bedroom, I peer through the crack of his door. He's conscious, but it's almost like his soul left his body.

I look at his legs swinging back and forth, mind probably boggling over something silly.

"Woojin!" I yell out, approaching his empty corpse. "WOOJIN!" My voice gets louder and his colorless expression gains a pop of emotion.

"Ah— oh? OH! CHAN!" He sits up, face completely flushed, contrasting his previous ghost-like appearance. It was a bit odd, he never acts like so.

I'm used to motherly, calm, composed Woojin. Almost never flushed, loud, empty Woojin, although that version is cute too.

"That's me! Didn't expect to see me for another thirty minutes?" I mock, a large grin plastered onto my face.

"Well yea— Wait, is dinner in thirty minutes?" He looks around for a clock, seemingly confused over the schedule. "Oh wow, it is..."

"Did you not realize the time?" My body strides towards Woojin's bed as I place myself comfortably onto the mattress.

"N-no.. I dozed off around two, so it's been four hours..." he avoids eye contact, scratching his nape in embarrassment. How cute~

"Wow, so unlike you.." I rest back on my forearms. "What could you possibly be thinking about?"