Part 15

Click

"Hello?" A feminine voice answers the other line. Woojin sits there in shock, as if paused in time.

His mothers voice was gentle, more gentle than the yells and screams thrown around the house. It was mellow, soft, relaxing—

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Y-yes! Is this the... um.. Kim Misook line?" Woojin opened his mouth after the settled silence of surprise.

"Yes, this is she." The once calm voice stiffens at her old surname, "but I haven't been approached as by that name in years. Who might this be?"

"Ah... well... K-Ki..."

"Ki?"

"Kim Woojin.. your son..." he finally blurts out.

"..."

"Please don't mind me, I just need your time—"

"I'm sorry..." She interrupts, her voice as quiet as a whisper.

"Huh? Wait what do you—"

"For leaving you... and... ah I forget, it's been so long... what's the little one's name?"

"S-Seungmin?" Woojin's hand trembles as the grip tightens around the phone.

"Yes, that was his name. I had left when the boy was one or two, right?" The voice on the other line begins to choke up on what sound like tears.

"Mhm... nine years ago, he's turning eleven in a couple months... I turned 17 not too long ago..." He hums, calming his choppy breaths.

"Tell me, what made you want to call? I would think you'd resent me." Her cries calm down and it returns to sniffles and a croaky voice.

"I do... hold some resentment that is... you just left one day, an eight year old has trouble thinking about that..." Woojin takes a deep breath, "I just... I need a guardian for a school incident. The dean will let it go if I just... call one up to the office..."

A span of silence turns into rustling of some papers and she begins to speak.

"W-where is your father?" Harshness and worry fill her tone, causing Woojin to furrow his eyebrows.

"I'm not with him, Seungmin and I ran away three years ago. We're living with Seungmin's close friend..." he looks over at Chan's direction, seeing him block the door that has the kids inside.

"I guess I'll help, but I'm currently in Busan for work..." His mothers voice returns after some flipping of pages heard from the other side.

"I'll just call!" Woojin jumps up and down, ecstatic at her reply. "Keep time for 4:30, I'll call then!"

"Okay," she giggles at the childish behavior, "talk to you then."

"B-bye!" The son exclaims as the woman on the other line hangs up.

Click.

The call had just ended and Woojin takes the phone off of his ear.

Star struck. He had just called his mother after nine years of not seeing, or contacting her.

He flops onto the couch, yelling into a pillow. He looks up, mumbling words to himself.

"Maybe life will begin to look up for me..." He smiles to himself before stuffing his face into the cushion.

"YOU DID IT!!!" Chan runs down the stairs, flopping his body on top of Woojin's.

The latter makes a squeal and turns his body to face Chan. Before a word can escape his mouth, he is touching noses with Chan, staring into his eyes.

"Y-ya! Get off!" Woojin whines, pushing him away and covering his crimson red ears.

"Life will do it~" The younger of the pair hums.

"Hm? What do you mean life will 'do it?'"

"Life will look up for you."

Seungjin focus
Seungmin POV

I run up to Hyunjin who's chatting with a person. I'm not sure who it is...

"Jinnie!!" I turn my light jog into a sprint as I dash into Hyunjin's arms, which accept me gratefully.

"Hi hi Minnie~" He giggles, fondling my cheeks in his palms. I start to laugh, but my attention is turned to the person Hyunjin was previously conversing with.

"Hi, you must be Seungmin, I'm Seo Changbin." He waves his hand in from of my face and I move my arm slightly.

"Cheng.... bean?"

He widens his eyes in surprise, I can feel the anger rise in him from where I stand.

"NO! It's Changbin. Ch-ang- BIN" he claps out the syllables right in front of my face as I scowl at him.

"Whatever you say tortilla chip." I turn to snuggle my face into Hyunjin's chest who's shaking from trying not to laugh.

"Ya! I'm older than you! Respect your elders" Chengbean scoffs, "I was just showing Hyunjin the ropes to junior high when you rudely interrupted me!"

"Tortil— Changbin Hyung, leave him alone. Just show me later, I'll give you my home number." Hyunjin reaches for his bag and I step away. He takes out a piece of paper and hands it to the Changbin guy.

"See you later Hyung!" He waves, grabbing my wrist.

I'm dragged into the cafeteria. I snake my hand to fit into Hyunjin's and he makes an abrupt stop.

"Wh-wh-what are you doing?" He turns his head to face me. His ears are brushed with a light red and his appearance seems flushed. Weird, he looked fine a second ago.

"Am I not allowed to hold my best friend's hand? Is this a new rule?" I extend my bottom lip, tightening my grip on his hand.

"No, I—"

"I wouldn't do this for anyone, but you're my special friend! Be grateful!"

"Friend.... yeah..."

◽️◽️◽️

What. Am. I. Doing.

Very short chapter compared to previous ones, but here it is. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

I went on a short trip and is attempting to slide back into art. I was busy meeting all my old friends so I had no time to write ;o;;;

One of my (many) sketches (NOT kpop related Lolol)

Seungmin/ Jisung/ Felix: 10

Hyunjin: 11

Changbin: 12

Chan: 16

Woojin: 17