Part 5

3rd Person POV

THUD

A loud sound of items falling could be heard from all directions. Woojin, who was packing some of his favorite books, dropped his bag and ran towards Seungmin's room.

There, he sees his father standing over the child who meticulously had been hit with his own bag of toys. It seems no one saw him enter since they were distracted with their fantasies of leaving.

Seungmin clenches his already injured body parts and quivers as his own father looms over him. Woojin runs over and kneels next to Seungmin. Their father is tapping his foot.

"What do you think you're doing?" He chastises as Woojin gives him a glare. They don't answer.

"I said, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

"LEAVING YOU! THAT'S WHAT!" Woojin stands up vigorously. "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE US STAY IN SUCH AN ENVIRONMENT!? SEUNGMIN HE-"

"HE DESERVES THE FATE GOD GIVES HIM! HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE IN THIS WORLD! ESPECIALLY WITH THAT UGLY ASS FACE OF HIS!" His father practically screams, pulling Woojin by the collar. Before Woojin could fight back, his father punches him, causing him to fall from surprise.

"And YOU!" He kicks Woojin in the stomach while he's still vulnerable, "I gave you slack because you payed me, I guess I don't need to hold back any longer..."

All Woojin can feel is pain. Blood begins its way down his forehead. His knees become scratched and his stomach becomes inflamed in a bright red. He hadn't felt this much pain in a long time. Is that how Seungmin felt when he was being beaten? If so, Woojin had to give props to the boy for staying so strong. Blood envelops his scratches and face.

"Wow. I thought your brother bled too fast! I guess it's because you hadn't have had a proper beating in a while!" His father grins an evil grin. It was as if Lucifer himself had manifested into their household. He continues to throw kicks at Woojin.

While all of this is going down, Seungmin huddled up against a corner as his consciousness wavered. He sees the silhouette of Chan approach him.

"C-Chan... hyu-ung.." Seungmin cries in a weak, almost broken voice. Chan shushes him.

"Shhh... it's going to be okay, I have a plan. Go to the kitchen and grab the sharpest knife you can." Chan quickly hugs the boy and pushes him lightly so Seungmin can start towards the kitchen. "I'll be over there, meet me when you have it." Chan points towards the open closet close to the exit of the room.

Seungmin nods and begins to limp towards the kitchen. His blood has the opportunity to flow back, so he starts to run out of the door, past Woojin and his Father. He grabs the closest kitchen knife and tiptoes back, away from the peripheral vision of Mr. Kim.

"S-Seungmin?" Woojin chokes and coughs out some blood. He sees Seungmin coming back and sneakily going into the closet that his father had his back to.

"You think that little brat could save you? Did you not see him run for his life? I bet he's already out of-"

Suddenly, his father faints, landing on his side. Woojin sits up shakily. He then sees Seungmin with the knife in his hand, blood dripping from the tip.

"H-Hyung! A-are you-u ok-kay?" He stutters and drops the butt of the knife. Chan comes out of the closet (lol that sounds so gay, but this is a boys love/drama so it's okay) and smiles at Woojin.

"I told you I could help you." His smile was bright, but that didn't make it so Woojin could escape out the darkness wavering over his head.

"W-was your plan to... k-kill him?" Woojin walks up to Chan, still quivering as he reaches for his shoulder. The question surprises Chan greatly.

"Huh?! Kill?! No! Never! Oh my god Woojin! Who do you think I am?! A serial killer?! Why would I kill a man?! I'm the same age as you!" Chan says in an outraged tone.

"Th-then why is he on the floor like that?" Woojin nervously steals a glance at the carcass of his father.

"I put a whole bottle chlordiazepoxide on the knife and had your brother stab the vein in his leg since he's so little. What? You didn't have a syringe and you were being beaten to death! No way in the world will I let a person die in front of me! Especially since it's you!" Chan stomps his foot in protest.

(A/N: Chlordiazepoxide is an injection that is used to treat anxiety and a withdrawal of alcohol. It causes drowsiness, and since his father is such a bad alcoholic, it affected him a bit. If wound is not sterilized it will lead to an infection especially since Chan used a whole bottle, which also affected the level of drowsiness. Like a 'calming' injection put into your veins. Using a knife isn't a proper way to inject a person, I just wanted to shake Woojin up a bit ;))

"But-", "But nothing! Hurry up and pack before he regains consciousness! I'll help Seungmin finish gathering his things! Go go go!" Chan shoos Woojin out of Seungmin's room and returns back to help the delicate boy.

Woojin, having been rushed, packs all of his stuff, which isn't a lot, and steps outside. He waits only a couple minutes until both Chan and Seungmin step out. (STEP OUT! 안녕하세요 스트레이 키주 입니다! I'm sorry...)

"Lets go," Chan signals towards the old staircase. The two brothers nod their heads and start towards the exit. They can finally be freed of their prison of a home.

But in the soon future, they'd be trapped in a prison worse than that of 'home.'

And that is 'love.'

◽️◽️◽️

...

Okay this was short and rushed. Also the Chlordiazepoxide thing was completely stupid and not medically accurate at all. It's like the whole 'fix the wound with glue' thing. Don't try it, it ain't going to work....

It was "finished" like two days ago, but I've been busy the past to days (I know, I hate that excuse too) so I didn't ><

THANK YOU FOR READING THO!