Part 20

◻️◻️◻️

3rd person POV

It's been a year since Woojin's accident. A lot has happened since then.

Chan dropped out of post graduate school, Hyunjin's mom got a job in Gyeongsan, meaning Seungmin and Hyunjin both live in a small apartment, both with jobs. Also, Mr.Kim was found to be dead from a drug overdose a few weeks after Woojin's accident. The only thing that didn't change was Woojin's state: critical.

And the most major thing, Seungmin's mental state. As you may remember, the boy was a very energetic boy despite the abuse as a young child. Why you ask? He always had hope. Hope for a family, hope for good parents, hope for love. All he wanted was love, but love has betrayed him and put his brother into the hospital.

The only one who loves Seungmin is his childhood friend, and he always reject said emotion from him, knowing it's not platonic.

Yes, Hyunjin confessed to Seungmin.

Flashback

"Minnie"

"Not right now Jinnie..." Seungmin stayed focused on his book, licking his finger and turning the page. He sits up, "what is it Jinnie?" Seungmin tilts his head cutely at his best friend.

"I-" Hyunjin stops, ruffles his hair, then continues, "I love you..."

"I love you too Jinni-"

"No Seungmin." Hyunjin grips his best friend's hand, "the other love."

"Jinn-"

"I've always loved you, when you told me we would marry as kids, you don't know how happy I was. When you came into my life, you were all I thought about... Minnie, no, Seungmin, I love you."

A tear falls down Seungmin's cheek.

"I don't trust you..." Seungmin turns away, the tears turn into sobs, "how can I trust love ever again?"

"What do you mea-"

"I can't, after what Woojin went through, I promised myself never to fall in love." Seungmin cried, "I love you too Jinnie, I just, don't think I can ever be in a relationship, not until Hyung wakes up and tells me otherwise. You don't understand Jinnie, he was the only person I looked up to..."

"I understand Min," Hyunjin brushes his thumb over his friend's hand, lifting his hand to wipe his tears away. "Then I'll wait, I'll wait for Woojin and so will you, I'll wait for you... because I love you."

Seungmin lets out a small giggle, "you spew out the word 'love' the same way you spew out eggplants..."

◻️◻️◻️

Short but sweet uwu