chapter 8

Shay

I'm thinking about moving in with August. Yes I know we have been together for like days now but I feel like them days are months. He's everything to me. I will take a bullet for him and put my hand on the book and lie for him. I'm a ride or die chick. A chick that keeps her damn word. If my nigga messing around with groupies tf I look like not saying shit. Alsina he's always busy and I'm always studying for college. I'm just trynna do why I gotta go to get the fuck out Nola.

I walked out the kitchen with our dinner and put them on the dining room table. I than called August in from his man cave. He didn't answer so I walked down the hall way and opened the door he was sleep. All I smelled was weed, beer, liquor.

I turned the tv off as I sat on beside him kissing on his lips. He didn't wake up. I kissed his lips as I reached into his pants and started to stroke his dick. He than started to moan as I wasn't looking he started to slap my ass. I than look up at him as I stopped and got up.

"Brahh really!?" he said as I went to go wash my hands for dinner.

"Boy come and eat." I said as we got to the table said grace and started eating. I didn't know was it the right time or anything to say I wanna stay but it was worth a try.

"Baby?" I said as I stopped eating my spaghetti.

"Mmh?" he said still eating.

"I was wondering since we are together now that I can move in with you and help out around here a little.?" I said as he choked on his food and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you sure? Is you even ready for this?" he asked me.

"I am baby I really wanna move in with you.. Start my career on nursing and stuff in ready and I may need yo help on money." I said as he dropped his fork and lean back and looked at me.

"Ight... You can move in... But this school shit don't be fucking with my damn money." he said as we ate our food and finished up.

I cleaned the house as I got the keys and went to go and get my things from my mom house. I was so glad I was leaving the projects but I will miss the people I grew up with.

I got the fighting my whole life. Picked on about how im different. And I got my first boyfriend.

I got inside the car and drove off. I only lived like right down the street it seems like it. I pulled up bout mintues later and got out. It still looks the same. The thugs on the corner the wanna be hoes and people doing hair.

I shut the door and locked August car as I flipped my hair and walked off to the screen door. I put the key in the hole and pushed the door opened. I smiled and looked to my left as I frown.

There my mom was sitting there high, high, and high. I just shakes my head and shut the door.

It smells, the house dont look clean and she didn't even pay the rent. I walked upstairs and went to my room to get my things. I put them in my bag and closed it. I smiled because I can't believe I'm leaving the nest. The nest that we build when I was born. Life was great mom had a job and she was going to school for nursing also. But when she met ray her life she gave up for him. My mom is a bright young woman but I can see that her life is fading away.

I walked out the door pass Kia room and heard load music and moaning. I hate that my sister is doing this. I heard her yell ray and I dropped my bag and storm to her room.

"That's it!" I said as I banged on the door and opened it.