Chapter 2

Inside a house in the middle of the woods, Tohru and Emi were sitting across the table from the two men

Inside a house in the middle of the woods, Tohru and Emi were sitting across the table from the two men. For some reason, one of the men were still laughing from earlier.

Emi kept her head down, embarrassed from her earlier encounter. She couldn't believe that she tried to mace these men out of protection. She felt like such a fool.

"I had no idea that Ms. Honda had a younger sister." One of them spoke up.

"And I didn't know you were my sister's classmate, but here we are." Feeling a bit awkward and shy, Emi cleared her throat. "By the way... My name is Emi Honda. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise. My name is Yuki Sohma."

"Oh! So you're the prince of the school my sister mentioned. I can see why you are." Yuki was just resonating with beauty, a noble aura surrounding him.

"I hear that a lot."

Emi averted her eyes. "I bet..." Silence filled the room- Except the other guy's laughter. "Anyway... I'm sorry for almost spraying you with mace..."

"You don't have to apologize. I understand that you were only trying to protect yourself and Ms. Honda."

"Yeah... Well..." Still feeling awkward, Emi turned her head away.

Tohru spoke up. "I'm sorry... But can you let us stay there a little longer? It'll only be for a few weeks, and then we'll go. We don't a lot of money, but we can pay."

"I don't know, it's dangerous for you two to be out there by yourselves-" The other guy spoke up.

"Oh? So you're finally done laughing?" Yuki asked unamused.

"-There's occasionally stalkers roaming around. Not to mention landslides."

"We kind of know that already." Emi said. "Who are you exactly? I was going to ask your name, but you legit laughed for 15 minutes straight."

"Oh, right. I'm Shigure Sohma."

"Are you two cousins or something?"

"That's right."

Emi turned over to Tohru, who looked like she was in a daze. "Sis... Are you alright..?" She felt her sister's forehead, her eyes widening. "You're burning up!"

"No, I'm ok..." Tohru was slightly spinning in place, her eyes were swirls.

"You're not ok! Geez sis! You need to go to bed!"

The room was silent, the sound of a distant howl could be heard. "You hear that? It was another landslide." Shigure pointed out.

Emi raised an eyebrow. "How do you know that?"

"You can call it my animal instinct."

"Quit playing around." Yuki said. "Where exactly did the landslide occur?"