Chapter 21

After exams and swimsuit shopping, the Honda sisters ended up going to the Sohma summer home where they were accompanied by most of the Sohmas

After exams and swimsuit shopping, the Honda sisters ended up going to the Sohma summer home where they were accompanied by most of the Sohmas. The sky was cloudless, the ocean was clear blue. It was certainly the very definition of summer.

Momiji took Tohru by the hand. "Come on, Tohru! Let's go in the ocean!"

"Ok!"

Emi eyed the two, trying to not let jealousy consume her. Even if it was eating her in the inside, she wanted to try her best to have a good time. After all, she was on vacation.

"Are you not going to swim with them?" Yuki asked.

Emi was wearing a strapless sundress that Sumire had gotten for her. "I would, but..."

"But what?"

Emi started blushing. "I really regret what swimsuit I picked out. I should've went with that plain one, but Sumire insisted I look good in this one."

"What's the point of wearing a swimsuit if you're not going to go swimming?" Hatsuharu asked.

"I know..." Emi was contemplating about it, deciding to give in. "Fine... I'll go in the water." She ended up slipping out of her sundress, revealing the swimsuit underneath. Hatsuharu, Yuki, and even Kyo went wide eyed. Emi could tell they were intensely staring, making feel really embarrassed. "I know... It shapes my curves nicely." She wanted to go hide in a hole somewhere.

"Look at this! Tohru is swimming!" Momiji pointed out.

Tohru was swimming at a rapid pace. Everyone was amazed except Emi who was facepalming herself. "Dear lord... Sis! Don't forget to breathe!" As soon as she said that, Tohru rose up from the surface, panting out of breath.

"You mean to tell me she wasn't breathing while doing that?!" Kyo exclaimed.

"No. Even after I told her to gasp for air as she swims millions of times."

"She doesn't even listen to you sometimes..."

Hatsuharu suddenly grabbed Kyo by the shoulder, heading towards the direction of the ocean. "Let's race."

Kyo was trying to get out of his grasp. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

Emi giggled at the sight, stepping foot into the ocean, quickly taking it out. "Holy crap it's colder than Antarctica!"

Yuki walked up right next to her. "It'll take some time getting used to. Do you need some help?"

Emi averted her eyes awkwardly. "Yeah... Kind of..." All of a sudden, Yuki grabbed her by the hand, both steadily going to the ocean until it reached their chests.

Emi was shivering, her teeth clattering. Tohru noticed that, swimming over towards her sister. "Don't worry. You'll get used to it real soon."

It felt like Emi's lips would turn blue. "I-I hope so."