Chapter 20

The next morning, things seemed to be back to normal

The next morning, things seemed to be back to normal. They were all eating at the table, acting like nothing conspired yesterday. Everything should be fine. Except it really wasn't for Emi.

It felt like Emi didn't get a good night's sleep due to what happened. She was dozing off while trying to eat breakfast.

Tohru looked at her with worry. "Are you alright, Emi? You don't look too good."

Emi slowly nodded, trying to keep herself awake. "I'm fine. I just... Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." A half lie.

Both Yuki and Kyo were trying to get the same side dish, the tip of their chopsticks touched. Yuki got up, throwing his chopsticks away.

"You're throwing them away?!" Kyo exclaimed.

"To prevent the spread of the idiot disease." Yuki responded.

Kyo smirked. "Whatever. I won't sink down to your level, rat boy. I have changed."

Tohru looked happy about that. "That's wonderful!"

Emi shook her head in a tired manner. "It's not going to last. He's going to blow a fuse any second."

Yuki looked like he was about to put the cat into water, figuratively speaking. "You will never not stop being an idiot. S-tu-pid cat."

Kyo did in fact blow a fuse. "YOU GIRLY BOY!"

Tohru looked shocked about Kyo's blow up. On the other hand, Emi wasn't surprised. "See? I told you." It was just any typical morning for them.

"You're so annoying! I'll forever hate you until the day you die!" Kyo ended up punching a hole through the door, storming out of the room.

Shigure started to shed tears. "I just got that door fixed..."

Emi let out a sigh. "I can fix it when I come home today."

"I can help you!" Tohru suggested.

Emi smiled at her sister. "Thank you. I appreciate that."

"That's my line." Yuki said, sitting down at the table. "Until the day I die, I will continue hating him."

Tohru looked at Yuki with worry. Emi took a bite of her food, thinking to herself. Would the day ever come where these two will come to terms with each other? Do they really have to hate each other just because they're the cat and the rat?

~•~

At school, the first years were all preparing for an event before summer vacation. Though they also had to study for final exams, this event was a must to raise money for the school.

Sumire was one of the class representatives along with another student. "Alright everyone." Sumire spoke up. "Does anyone have ideas for a mini event before summer vacation?"