Chapter 13

The new school year was about to begin

The new school year was about to begin. Tomorrow to be precise. The five were all sitting around the table, enjoying a delicious breakfast.

"It looks like I'll be going to your school tomorrow to witness Momiji and Hatsuharu enroll in their first year." Shigure said. "They're basically like brothers to me."

The four teenagers were giving him unique expressions like they didn't believe him.

Shigure noticed that the atmosphere was tense. "Why are you all staring at me like that? You guys aren't thinking that I'm just going there to look at all the pretty high school girls, are you? You should really have more faith in me."

Emi stared up at the ceiling. "Yeah... Your little 'high school girls~ high school girls~' song totally didn't give it away."

"High school girls~! High school girls~! All for me~! High school girls~!"

Emi looked like she was ready to cry. "What have I done?!"

~•~

Emi was starting her first year of high school at the same school Tohru attends. She was reading the student handbook at her assigned seat. There were already a lot of students in the class, talking among themselves.

"Emi!" Looking up, she saw Sumire happily walking over to her. She looked a little more stylish than usual, wanting to make a good impression on the first day.

Closing the student handbook, Emi gave her friend a smile. "Hey Sumire. I like what you did with your hair. That headband looks cute on you."

"Thank you! And I'm so glad you actually went through with it! You look so pretty!"

Emi always had her hair down and loose, but she had it tied up in a high ponytail with a ribbon that complemented the school uniform. In other words, a Mitsuha Miyamizu from Your Name hairstyle. "Thank you."

   "Isn't this exciting?! We're actually in high school now!"

"I'm still trying to process that I'm even here."