Chapter 6

Emi was walking home from school, happily humming to herself

Emi was walking home from school, happily humming to herself. She was looking forward to what will happen today. Will she meet another member of the family? Find out something new about Yuki and Kyo? See her sister smile even brighter? She will soon find out when she gets home.

Sliding open the door, Emi took off her shoes. "I'm home!" Walking where the others were, she noticed that the atmosphere was bleak. She saw each expression look somewhat sad. "What's going on?"

"Emi." Tohru spoke up. "I got a call from grandpa today. He says the renovations are done, and wants us to move back in."

The room went completely silent. So silent that you can hear a pen drop. It felt like everything was falling apart around her. No... She didn't want to go. She rather continue living here with the Sohmas. "What..?"

Tohru stood up, walking towards her. "I'm going to start packing. You can come with me if you want." She started to walk ahead towards the stairs.

Emi couldn't believe Tohru was taking this so well. Feeling frustrated, Emi ran after her. "Sis! Can't we talk about this?!"

In their room, Emi was watching Tohru pack up her things. She was just sitting there, not moving a muscle. Tohru looked up at her with a confused expression. "Aren't you going to pack your things?"

Emi shook her head. "I don't want to. As much as I love grandpa, I don't want to go live with him. I want to stay here with them."

Tohru gave her a sad smile. "We shouldn't intrude even more than we should have. It's best to move back in with grandpa as soon as possible."

"But sis! Don't you feel the same way I do?! You don't really want to go, do you?!"

There was a pause. "It was fun, but we both knew this was temporary."

"Sis! If we talk about this with grandpa, I'm sure he'll understand and let us stay here."

Tohru shook her head. "We shouldn't stay here any longer. I'll help pack your things."

Feeling frustrated that her words weren't getting through Tohru, Emi stayed silent. She watched Tohru pack her things into a bag. There was no way that Tohru was ok with this. She had to feel sad in the inside. She just wasn't letting it show.

As much as she didn't want to do it, Emi relentlessly agreed to move back in with grandpa. Deep down, Emi hoped that Tohru will admit her true feelings while living at grandpa's. Maybe living there will have her be open about it. I know she doesn't really want to leave...

After saying their goodbyes to the Sohmas, Tohru and Emi were on their way to their grandpa's house. There was silence between them.

Emi peeked at Tohru, noticing that she was looking down. She understood that feeling well. In her mind, she was missing the Sohmas already. As much as she wanted to run back there, she couldn't leave her sister alone. She didn't want her to feel sad on her own. No matter what, she would always be there for her.