×7×

Finally, huh?
Not really edited.

It was a really nice day. It was late in the afternoon, the sun was setting and everything was peaceful.

Except for Jungkook's beating heart. He appeared calm. Or he hoped he did. But his heart was almost deafening at this point. He was seated at a nice black wooden table, Jimin and Taehyung opposite of him. The couple was holding hands under the table, probably thinking Jungkook didn't notice, but he did. And he felt conflicted. He felt many other things too, but somehow the 'holding hands' part occupied the biggest part in his mind. And he couldn't understand why.

"I guess we should talk, huh?" Jimin broke the silence glancing subtly from Jungkook to Taehyung.

"Uum, yeah. I guess we should." Jungkook agreed but grew quiet, suddenly feeling shy with how the two boys were staring at him. They both noticed Jungkook was squirming under their gazes, but neither wanted to stop. Taehyung had a huge smirk plastered on his face and Jimin had a small smile, remembering Jungkook's antics from back in the day.

A long silence followed, none of the boys speaking up.

Finally, Jungkook has had enough and he spoke. "Why don't you say what happened to you, Jimin?" He gathered enough confidence to speak without stuttering, but he regretted it a bit hearing the bitterness and accusation in his tone. Jimin evidently heard it too because he was grimacing and avoiding looking in Jungkook's eyes.

He still replied though. "You know how it was back there. I hated it, I hated every second of it," he stopped for a second to calm down his trembling voice and regain his composure. Taehyung was looking at him, eyes full of worry and so much genuine love that Jungkook was left starstruck. He never experienced or seen something quite like what the two had.

With Taehyung's soothing touch Jimin calmed down and continued. "Your visits were probably the only moments of joy I experienced while I was there, Jungkook. You made my life worth living for a while. But then you disappeared, you were gone just like that. At first, I thought some minor inconvenience happened and waited... But as time went on I started to lose hope. It was so hard to keep going, day from day," his eyes teared up a bit, but he blinked any possible tears away. "And when I was at my lowest point, Taehyung came to town," Jimin glanced at his boyfriend. "I- You're not really similar, looks or personality wise, but you both have the same vibe and I feel the same around you two. Safe. Secure. And happy," he smiled brightly. "So when he took interest in me I couldn't really say no to that feeling. It makes me week in the knees, but stronger in every other way. And one thing led to another and-"

"And I couldn't stand it," Taehyung interrupted. "Seeing Jimin wilting in that place, and being far away from him, knowing he was there suffering. So I bought him and got him out of there. I don't like saying that, he shouldn't have been for sale in the first place, but I couldn't risk him getting hurt and sending my men there to get him out. The place is no longer there though. I made sure of that." His hard gaze settled on Jungkook who somehow managed to keep eye-contact and not back down. "Although, before I could run it to the ground Jimin begged me to find you. I heard of whispers, there were rumors saying you were seen back, but no one could pinpoint you. Not even my best men."

"I was told the place was now some mafia's headquarters. So I stayed back. I searched for Jimin too of course. If I knew he was here I would of came tho." He chuckled feeling shy once again.

"Well yeah, the house of a mafia boss should be hard to find after all." Taehyung laughed too. He mumbled something else to Jimim, something Jungkook didn't catch, but it made Jimin blush bright red and also laugh but he tried to hide it.

"So.... It's really true? Jimin, you're with a mafia boss?"

"Yes," they both said at the same time.

"Woah..." Jungkook gasped. "That's a lot... to take in."

"Take your time, sweetheart," Taehyung told him. "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask. And remember: you're welcome here." He showed him a tight smile as he stood up and walked away.

He stopped halfway and turned his head. "Jimin," he spoke.

"Follow me."