Chapter 19

( Song: Thinking about you by Frank ocean)

Have you ever felt like your intestines are going to fall out of your body due to some sort of nervousness? That's exactly how I feel. It's Friday and I am not ready for this 'hang out'. I mean I don't even know where we are headed? I've studied him but I haven't 'studied him' so I really do hope he is not the type to prey on the innocent and just act like nothing happened.

"So are you ready??"asked Michelle when she got to my locker. It's afterschool and I'm still not ready.

"I'm nowhere near ready." We walked out of school and headed to Liv's car.

"You literally have about 5 hours to prep yourself."

"I know, I know. I told my mum this morning and she told me that there is nothing I should be worried about...as long as I have my pepper spray." Michelle burst out laughing.

"Your mum is crazy but in a cool way. So that means she'll actually let you go?" I nodded my head. My mum was really cool when it came to social stuff. She didn't want us to be loners with no friends and all but we shouldn't over do it. She also knows I'm smart enough to know what's right and wrong and what to do when a boy does something I don't like...pepper spray the guy. We got to Liv's car and Liv and I bid our goodbyes to Michelle as she got in her car and drove off.

"So do you want me to stay with you until you go for the dinner thing or will you be fine?"

"Please stay. I will drive myself crazy if I stay alone."

"It's settled we are going to Starbucks. I'm craving for coffee for some odd reason." So we drove to Starbucks and ordered, then went to the park because today was warmer than other days and Liv took her camera out and made me become her model for atleast two hours. When it was time to go home I kinda felt better.

So my mum came up with this rule of us having to wear skirts and dresses to family and friend functions, so here I am wearing a red off the shoulders dress with white ballet flats and my hair freely cascading onto my bare shoulders. Liv looked at my outfit like a proud mother would look at their child that just graduated high school with high grades and without having a baby, only because I picked it out myself. She decided that today I need just a bit of make up and did it for me in the most natural way possible. And to be honest I looked gooood.

After saying goodbye to Liv we walked to the Quan residence talking about anything and everything...but I had to go back because I forgot my outfit for the "hang out". When I got to their house, I came running and tripped... over oxygen. I don't know why it's happening to me 'cause that's Tess's thing. But before I could land on the floor and the food, oh the food, Jace managed to catch me. My knight in shining armor...pffff that dork... NEVER.

"Whati going on?"

"Nothing just nervous about the whole hang out thing with Ethan." Something crossed his face the moment I said that, I just couldn't put my finger on it. It was an odd expression anyway. He slowly nodded his head and looked towards the door that led to the kitchen and stopped talking to me. Ehh okay.

The food came and as last week it was delicious. I could live here forever with these delicacies. It was around seven thirty when dinner was over because I asked my mum if we could start early so that I could go and Jace's mum was cool with it too.

I went upstairs into Jace's room to get changed skipping dessert. Oh the pain that my soul is going through. Jace followed suit for some reason after not talking to me. Someone is PMSing.