Chapter Twenty

(Song: Don't change by Why don't we)

"So you're really going?" I turned to look at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Yeah what's wrong with that??"

"Nothing. Just that you hardly know him and you going somewhere with him at night." Is this guy serious right now.

"But you do so I'm only hoping he is kind, sweet and generous like you." A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips. I whipped out the outfit and layed it out on his bed smiling to myself.

"You're going to wear that?"he looked at the outfit with his nose scrunched them looked at me. I gaped at him. What's his problem today??? Everything I did today he's criticized it! Can't I just get a break.

"What's wrong with it?"I snapped. He shrugged putting his hands on surrender.

"It's just... it's not you. Your don't wear like this." Unbelievable.

"I specifically remember the day you came to my house with Liv telling me that I have too many hoodies and I should get rid of them." He opened his mouth then closed it. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed then stood up from his desk chair and went under his bed looking for that specific thing and did the Dana thing he did last week. "Do you always do this or is it just when I'm here?" He took two shots and then came and stood infront of me.

"I'm your...best friend and I need to tell this. I'm probably the only one that isn't going to lie to you so please don't lie to me when I ask you this..." He placed his hands and my shoulders and I looked up at him giving him my full attention. "Why'd you change your style and the way you dress and act. And don't say you haven't because you have." I stared at him not knowing what to say. That went deep soo fast. I can't believe he actually noticed, not even Liv, Michelle or Beth noticed. I mean it wasn't a big change or anything but it was a change. When Liv told me to change up my style before the first day of school I thought that this is my chance to look different and maybe I'd feel different and whenJace noticed me, got so happy that I'd finally get my best friend back. A lot of people started noticing me so I decided to stick with that façade 'cause it appealed to everyone. Even before the change of wardrobe I've changed since middle school.

"I I-I...it made you notice me." A flash of guilt spread across his face.

"I've always noticed you, that was just an incident where the universe decided that we should talk to each other."

"I just wanted to do something different."

"By being the same like others... you looked perfect with your hoodie and jeans. That was you. This,"he pointed to my outfit, "isn't you." But it was cute.

"But what if he doesn't like me."

"Believe me, he does. But if he doesn't then he's a piece of shit and I'll fuck up his face." I giggled and gave him a really long and tight hug.

"Thank you for the pep talk thing. I don't know what just happened so..." He chuckled and hugged me tighter before letting go.

"I'm not done just yet." He walked into his walk in wardrobe (fancy 🙄) and came back two minutes later with a couple of his hoodies that I liked. What is he doing?

"Choose." I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Choose what?"

"Between the sweatshirts."I gasped with my eyes wide.

"You letting me have them."

"Borrow. I'm letting you borrow." It was a tough choice between the Adidas hoodie that the sign was rainbow colours, the syre, and the Astro hoodie. He can't do this to me.

"But why did you have to pick the best ones!!!" He shrugged with a smile. "Okay I choose...the Astro world one."I said bowing my head. Sorry J.Smith and Adidas but the Astro world one is Soo awesome!!

"Go ahead and change. What shoes are you wearing?" I showed him my white Air Max 90 and he gave them a look of approval. Just incase you wondering I'm wearing them with a distressed jean. Even with all these minor changes I'd still look good. I changed in his bathroom and checked myself in his long length mirror and I looked gooood. When I got out Jace was on his phone and when I cleared my throat, he looked up and when he saw me he had the biggest smile on his face. It was so adorable.

"That's the Lee I know. Come here." I went to him and he engulfed me into a hug. "Now you look just perfect." He kissed the top of my head and let go of me.As soon as he let go of me my phone rang.

Ethan.

I answered and he told me he was outside. I hung up after telling him I was coming and looked at Jace.

"Wish me luck."

"You'll be fantastic!" He said with a sad smile. It made me want to cry for some odd reason especially since I didn't know why was it there. It kind of made me feel like I was the one to blame.

_______

Hey my jellybabies ♥
I'm sorry for not updating for a while but here are these two chapters.
This chapter kinda about self-consciousness. I know it's hard to be yourself especially in high school but don't change for anyone just so that they like you, then they aren't liking you. That's changing coffee to your liking and not having it as an original. Anyway hope you enjoy your morning/day/afternoon/night... Bye bye jellies

~Allia