Trading Places

Chapter 45: Trading Places.

She took a deep breath as she grabbed the large bag of her brothers expensive watches, chains, and even cuban links. She walked to the front door and opened it. She was startled by Dom. He looked at her and asked, "You Candi? Ofcourse you are why else would you be in here. Im sorry Im late but I got tossed into bringing you food" He waved the brown bag of Chinese in her face and continued, "Aron asked me to bring it, but it seems you are on the move." She held the bag tight as she replied, "yeah-um thanks but I am about to leave."

"And not to pry into your life but how does someone who is living on the street can have so many things. Dont tell me you are robbing your brother." Dom asked her as she just bit her lip and didnt reply.

"Mind your business okay!" She snapped.

"Or you can drop the bag and come with me. I just completed rehab for drugs and by those marks on your arm you are still on them heavy. So I can call my rehab center and refer you th"

"Look its no saving me. I dont even know your Vin Diesel looking ass so I would like for you to move. I found out a week ago that Im Positive and dont know how I am going to come up with my cut to pay Blue."

"Blue? I take it he is your Pimp." Dom asked.

"No shit sherlock. So until I figure out how imma tell him these things im taking will cover me for about 6 months."

"Okay and then whats your plan after that? Hope he doesnt kill you or live on the streets for real. Look you can come with me to meetings to help the process but I wont let you steal from Cordell. He is taking care of your son and you come up in here 2 days before Christmas to steal. Where is your morals at?" He asked her.

She scoffed, "And Im suppose to take advice from an addict himself. Come on now. If I pull out a line to do right now how positive you are that you want ask for a bump?"

"100 percent." He argued.

"lets test that and if you dont then you can take me on to your little rehab center" She stated as she pulled out the baggie and stared at Dom.

11 HOURS LATER

"Kellan, Im so sorry this is a new phone. Its a new phone just leaving T-Mobile. Can we have a few hours of sleep and then ill come and get him. Have your Dad made it home yet?" Aron asked her as Cordell pulled into a parking spot.

"Yeah they all came in here actually happy. Our Moms just needed a buffer after all and this sweet boy can stay until you are well rested and is ready to hear me say I told you so" She said as we chuckled.

"But in all seriousness..How you feeling? My Dad told me about your mom." She asked as I exhaled, "Its funny because I killed her so many times in my head already but being that it actually happened Im still at a lost...you know?"

"I feel you but its all behind us and we can finally enjoy Christmas and the holidays all together. See you later." She told him as he hung up. Cordell and Aron held hands as they walked up to his apartment door and Aron stated, "If anything is gone I am so so sorry." He unlocked the door and Cordell zoomed in headed towards his bedroom. Aron stared around the front room before spotting a note on the fridge. He walked over and pulled it off. He read it to himself and gasped. He ran down the hallway and into Cordell's room..as he seen him leaned over on his bed.

"Dear Cordell, this wasnt the original message I had left on the fridge and you will find your things..ALL of them on your bed someone gave me a reality check I think I needed. You are doing amazing with my boy and there is no other person on Gods green earth I would have allowed to take care of him. We may have the most dysfunctional broken family, but the one whole thing that is in this family is the glue..its you. So for now I wanna trade places with you and be brave like I never done before. And once you see me again you will see a new Candi. New and Improved. Thats a promise, Cordellian" Aron read as Cordell turned around holding a few pieces of his jewelry in hand.