.4

My day dragged.

Just like all the other days since he's been gone.

He's barely called or text.

Part of me wanted to think it was because he was extremely busy and the other part because of what I said.

He was giving me time.

With every fiber, I held on to our last moment, recalling our time and conversation. It's amazing how much I've been able to control my expressions to avoid from tearing. I think I've developed one heck of a poker face.

I gathered my bag so I could meet Mija at her place. My phone danced with vibrations on my desk. I stared at the caller ID that read "Him". My heart skipped so many beats that it made me lightly coughed.

Gathering my bearings, I answered.

"H-Hello?" I couldn't avoid the shake in my voice.

"Hi. Are you busy?" His voice was deeper than the darkest pits of the ocean.

I quietly exhaled.

"No. I uh..I'm leaving work and heading over to a friend's house." I answered.

His quietness echoed for a solid 45 seconds.

"Friend?" He all but grumbled.

"Yes. Friend. My friend Mija." I'm not sure if I should find his jealousy flattering or if I should be nervous.

"Hmm...having girl time?" He teased.

"I guess. I won't be over very long. How are you?" I attempted to change the subject.

"Good. Very busy. I would like to see you when I get back. I..." He grew quiet and didn't finish his sentence.

I waited for a few seconds.

"Shae? Do you not want to see me? Do you still need time?" He asked.

I knew that's why I hadn't heard from him. He's growing quite predictable these days.

"Of course I want to see you but only when you can. I know you're very busy and..."

"Stop. I will make time to see you. I will text you as soon as I land."

I began to hear voices in the background.

"I have to go. I miss you."

He spoke fast before abruptly hanging up. I didn't even get a chance to respond.

Did I even hear that correctly?

I shook my head to rid the thought of what I assumed I heard. He's not the one to openly admit his feelings. Even if he has told me he cares for me, never has he said anything like that.

Exhaling, I placed my phone in my pocket and left my classroom.

_____________

"It's about time you arrived!"

Mija greeted me as I walked through her door. I followed her inside as she scurried quickly to the living room.

Her sister, Suji was dressed in an oversize T-shirt with a odd looking headband on her head.

"Hi Shae!" Suji ran to me and hugged me in an excited manner but it wasn't a long embrace. She was back in front of the TV in no time.

I smiled over to Mija. "What was that about?"

"BTS's video is premiering in thirty minutes." Mija answered.

My stomach sank into itself but I tried to hide my reaction. "Who?" I attempted my play on confusion.

Mija rolled her eyes at me. "I've told you already."

I lifted my gaze to the ceiling while wandering and pulling my lip against my teeth pretending to recall the name.

"Oh uh... Yes. Music...group...right?" I half smiled. I was a horrible liar and usually Mija can see right through me.

Mija pulled me over to the couch. "You're so clueless but I love you anyway."

Guess she didn't see it this time.

I nervously grinned as I sat and glanced at the video of them on the screen. I looked away quickly and my attention was drawn back to the headband once more in Suji's hair.

"Suji, who's on your headband?" I smiled her way.

She turned back and grinned big. "Shooky!" She exclaimed.

I smiled at her. "Who's Shooky?"

Seems as if her smile grew bigger and her cuteness for it gave me a warming feeling. "It's Yoongi's BT21 character." She turned back to the TV.

I looked over to Mija. "Should I know who that is?"

Mija rolled her eyes at me. "I thought I told you to educate yourself."

I frowned in confusion at Mija's reaction until it dawned on me that it must have been another reference of the group.

Little did she know I have tried to but for different reasons.

"Some other time Mija." I grinned to sideswipe the conversation.

"No now, the music video starts soon. You need to watch and learn." She sassed.

I'm not sure why she's so adamant on me learning about them.

"What has been up with you lately?" Mija asked.

"Nothing." My eyes wandered away while my statement trailed.

"Something. It's that person you're seeing isn't it? The one that doesn't want to hide from you." She grinned.

Mija thinks she's the best at reading me. We've been friends since I got here but you would think we've know each other for years.

"I'm not seeing anyone and I'm fine." I stated.

"Okay, so you want to keep your relationship a secret. That's cool. I mean it's not like I'm your best friend or anything." She rolled her eyes.

"You are my best friend and the first one I would tell if I was seeing someone but I'm not." My attempts of covering up my arrangement with him is failing. I'm wearing my emotions as if it's an outfit of the day when I really need to be sorting through them.

"So who gave you the note? You can't tell me you don't have an admirer." She pried.

"Possibly but I don't know anyone here." I answered.

"Well, obviously someone here wants to get to know you and I say go for it." Mija stated.

My gaze widened to her. "Huh?"

"Shae, if someone has their eye on you, why not go for it? Explore your options while you are here. I'm just waiting for the day my dream girl sends me cryptic but deep messages like that." Mija smiles.

"Cryptic and deep?" I repeated.

"Whoever wrote that to you spoke from the soul. You must mean a lot to them." She explained.

I smacked my teeth to Mija as I pondered her words. "What makes you say that?"

"I-" Her gaze went to the TV and mine followed as Suji increased the volume to an intro playing on the screen.

"Later. It's starting! Watch and learn!" She commanded.

+++🌹💋clw

+++🌹💋clw