.7

My weekend was somewhat quiet and now another week has passed.

If there was any chance to see him, it would have to be soon. He alerted me about a few appearances he were to attend followed by another event that I couldn't remember at the moment.

I never ask him about his day to day but he seems to share minor details as if he does it relieve some sort of fear.

Makes me wonder which of us he's trying to protect.

He subtly reminds me that we still have the matter of trying to turn this arrangement into something more to discuss but lately, this...whatever hasn't really felt like an arrangement at all.

Falling back on the bed, I began to filter through my phone at the text messages between the two of us.

Nothing about them were anything to be giddy over. Merely just simple conversation.

I found myself wondering why.

Seeing him express himself more face to face is very endearing. Even when he hesitates, he still manages to tell me what's on his mind.

He never does this over text. I actually enjoy that about him.

Technology these days has outdated chivalry in more ways than one. He speaks to my heart more when he calls me to tell me that he may have missed me or that he wants to spend time with me.

I suddenly frowned and scoffed at my rethinking. Speaks to my heart?

Staring at my phone again, I noticed it's been two days since I've heard from him. This made my stomach flutter.

I miss you

My heart was struck with an electric jolt.

The words quickly appeared in the message while I stared. I didn't even see that it was brewing in the corner. I caught my breath before I gulped down.

In the moment of my reaction, my doorbell rung startling me up straight up on my bed. With heavy footing, I made my way to it and opened it but I wasn't nearly prepared for lied behind it.

A breath that I quietly hitched was stuck in my throat, not a single wisp of it was coming through. He leaned against the door frame, his signature stance. The hoods of his almond eyes were low and dark as his teeth gripped his bottom lip. His head tilted slightly as his stare held a strength that would probably rip my clothes to shreds if he'd commanded it.

"Hmm..." He hummed.

My breath finally caught from the subtle and sexy sound from his lips. My gaze wandered but eventually landed on his hair. The absence of his azure strands were now shorter and replaced with a rich, ebony hue that accentuated his tanned features and contrasted the perfectly placed beauty marks on his face in the dimness.

My lips parted.

It was as if I was seeing him for the first time and he was beyond the most beautiful human being I've ever set eyes in this moment.

His features softened as he reached out and lightly touched my hand that held the door opened.

"Shae?" He called.

I gulped again while attempting to make a sound but nothing would project. Suddenly, my voice has taken a vacation.

He leaned away from the door frame and pushed himself inside. His arm went around my waist, causing me to release my handle on the door and with a light swing, it closed shut.

Still speechless, I reached my hand to his face, caressing it softly before he grabbed it, brushing his lips against my fingertips.

"Hi." He spoke.

His smiling eyes captured my stare as my heart raced a mile a minute.

"I cannot be with you long but I had to see you. It has been days since." He continued.

I was still silent. More or less hypnotized.

"I will be back one day this weekend. I am leaving next week." He added.

My eyes were starting to weld with tears. His expression changed at their visibility. The light exhale he released pushed them to fall before leaning his forehead to mine.

"Please..." The slur of his accent was thick, entwined with the pleading of his voice. "Don't cry."

Leaving is a problem. Leaving is what I realize is holding me back from giving him the answer he wants. I don't think I can handle it.

"We need to talk about us. It is more important now." He brushed a tear away with his thumb.

"I know." My voice was finally able to speak but I wasn't sure if it covered the hurt.

Taehyung placed his lips to my forehead as he began to hum. It was another unfamiliar tune and I was too in my feelings to wonder about it.

"I feel like I keep hurting you." He faintly whispered. "Tell me if I am."

He peered down to me. His face held a slight grimace in reaction of my still falling tears.

"Am I losing you?"

The question only furthered the hurt.

"You really want to talk about this now? You said you couldn't stay long."

I felt as if I was about to crumble underneath him.

"You are right. I have appearances for the next few days. A concert on Sunday and then I will be leaving for America." He shared.

I nodded my head. "I don't want to cause trou-"

He pressed his index finger against my lips. "Shhh. You are not. You-"

My doorbell rang and my heart quickly hit overdrive. Who could that be?

Couldn't use a dark hair photo yet so I settled for another reference 😉 +++🌹💋clw