Veronica x protective and dying!reader

You didn't like JD from the start. That kid just gave you a bad vibe and you always trusted your gut. To make matters worse he started to date Veronica.

Of course you protested to this vehemently. You knew the relationship could only end in tragedy and you couldn't bare the thought of Veronica getting hurt.

She was your friend after all.

After Heather's death you could sense that she was tenser around JD. Something was off but you couldn't figure it out. Then came ram and Kurt's note. 

Two huge red flags went up in your mind. One: Ram and Kurt were to stupid to know how to plan out a suicide. Two: Ram and Kurt were to dumb to write such a nice suicide note. (A/N Not to mention where they were shot butttttt sure it was totally a suicide)

That meant the two idiots were murdered and someone had to have forged the note. The only person you knew of that would be able to pull it off is Veronica. But there was no way she could have killed them.

Unless...

It had hit you like a ton of bricks. It all made sense. You were always skeptical of Heather's suicide and when Ram and Kurt died it raised more questions. It all made sense now.

  You felt sick when the puzzle pieces fell into place. Then your blood began to boil. You clenched your fists and teeth. JD had dragged Veronica into it. He must have forced her into it. Your Veronica would never. She couldn't.

God, you couldn't wait to get your hands onto him. He put the final nail in his coffin when you watched him come in and whisper something to Ms.Flemming.

A somber look took over her features. 'What did he do this time?' you thought to yourself. Then Ms.Flemming stopped the rally.

All was quiet.

"Um...I'm sorry to say, but Veronica Sawyer has just killed herself..."

   You zoned out after that, everything else she said was muffled. Your stomach churned. You felt tears prick your eyes. 'Veronica Sawyer jas just killed herself." echoed through your mind. 'No, ' You thought 'He killed her...'

You saw red. Without thinking you jumped up and rushed out of the gym. You saw red, there was one thing on your mind now. You needed to find JD. He was responsible for this, he took her from you.

You didn't even realize what you were doing until you saw him walk into the boiler room. You rushed over without thinking but before you grabbed the handle you paused.

With a deep breath, you quietly opened the door and walked in. You walked deeper into the room until you found him. You growled as you charged at him.

You caught him completely by surprise as you put him in a chokehold. "You bastard! What did you do to her?!" You all but screened as you choked him out. He struggled, pulling at your arms but you refused to let up.

Adrenalin coursed through your veins. He was almost gone. It wouldn't be long now, you could feel him slipping away.

BANG

  Your body completely tensed as a white-hot pain ripped through your side. You felt blood at the corners of your mouth as you let go and stumbled back. You coughed as you looked down. Blood seeped from the wound in your abdomen. He had shot you it finally registered in your mind.

You fell to the ground with a groan. "Bastard..." You said weakly as looked up at him. He had a sickening smirk on his face. He was panting with the gun in his hand.

"You should have known Y/N, the bad guys always win." He said as he raised the guy up to you again. You braced yourself for what was to come.

But nothing happened. You opened your eyes to have a look only to see a blue clad girl standing over him.

"Veronica?" You asked weakly. "But I thought..." she kneeled down in front of you. "Shhh." She soothed as she put her soft hand on your cheek. You leaned into her touch closing your eyes. You finally let the tears you didn't even know you had fall.

"He was planning some-"

"A bomb." she cuts you off. Your eyes shoot open in shock. You look over her shoulder and see what he was working on. The clock on or was ticking. "Shit." you mumbled. You looked at her and started to get up. She helped you to your feet stabilizing you.

  You stumbled over to the bomb and looked it over. After a moment you sighed and carefully took it off of the beam it was on. You winced in pain as you held it. When Ronnie tried to take it from you, you held onto it like your life depended on it.

You walked or rather limped up the stairs and to the door.

"Get everyone out and away from the school Ronnie, I'm going to the football field." You said as you opened the door. She ran up to you. "Y/N no, let me-" You shook your head and looked into her eyes. "Its okay Ronnie. I've got this. I know you're not really on the position to trust anyone but please, get everyone out. Now. "

With that, you stumbled off towards the football field. The timer said you had 1:30 left. You moved as quickly as you could. The pain in your abdomen was nearly unbearable. The only reason you were standing was the adrenaline.

You were at the edge of the football field with 30 seconds left. You made it the middle and set the bomb down gently.

20 seconds left.

There was not time to get away. The pain from the gunshot wound had kept you on the ground.

15

'This is it.' You thought to yourself. It was all over. You didn't even get to graduate.

12

You layed down next to the bomb and looked up at the sky. You wished you could see the moon one last time.

10

You wished you could see your family and tell them you loved them.

9

You would never be able to say goodbye to your pet.

8
At least you didn't have to take finals.

7
There were so many things you wanted to do.

6
So many places you wanted to go.

5
You would never sing again.

4
Never laugh.

3
Never tell Veronica you loved her.

2
This was really it.

1
You closed your eyes and braced yourself.

'Goodbye, Ronnie."