father's day

I jumped out of bed bright and early, today is the first Father's Day I'm actually celebrating.

It was about 5 am, he normally goes on runs but today is his rest day.

I will figure out how to cook pancakes if it's the last thing I do.

I pulled up a pancake recipe on my phone and set it down. Okay project don't burn the kitchen down is a go.

I did everything as quiet as I could. I poured the batter in the pan.

The hardest part is flipping the dang thing. The top began to show bubbles so and the recipe said to flip it now so here goes nothing.

I flipped the pancake perfectly, I whisper shouted "YES YES YES!"

I made a couple more and turned off the stove. I didn't burn the apartment complex down. I'm proud.

I set the pancakes on the table and walked to his room. He was fast asleep but that's about to change.

I grabbed a pillow and smacked the back of his head. "Wake up American Man its a special day!"

He mumbled something into the pillow. I ran over to the window and yanked open the blinks.

He squinted and put a pillow over his face. "Come on sleeping beauty!" I stood up on the bed and jumped up and down.

There was a second of silence before he swept my leg and I fell face first on the bed. "Hey!"

He pulled his covers over his head. "That's my thing!" I crossed my arms. I normally try to hide when he wakes me up.

"Dad I made pancakes."

No response.

"The kitchen's on fire" I screamed and he shot up. "What!?"

"That was a lie, I actually did make pancakes and didn't burn them so..happy Father's Day."

if you did know this about me well here you go, I'm extremely ticklish and you can guess what happened next.

He touched my neck and I jerked, he ticked me and I laughed so hard I was crying. "Stop! Stop!"

"I purpose..." I laughed In between my words "a truce!" I snorted.

He stopped. "Did you actually make pancakes?"

"Yep, happy Father's Day."

There you go, a short little thing. Happy Father's Day y'all!