normal for a day

I woke up with a runny nose and a pounding headache. I also felt very hot.

My alarm was blaring, making my ears ring tremendously.

I coughed and got up, making my way to my door and into the kitchen.

Clint was sitting down, eating cereal. "Morning kid."

"Hey." I replied with stuffiness in my tone.

"You don't look so well."

I laughed. "I don't get sick."

He stood up and felt my forehead. "Well you're burning up, your voice also sounds horrible."

"I'll be fine, I have to get ready for school." I grabbed a banana and started walking to my room, coughing.

"Hey JARVIS call Rogers up here." He called.

I turned around. "No! I feel peachy."

He ignored me and put his bowl in the sink. Dad walked through the doors. "Clint?"

"Hazel doesn't look well."

"I'm fine!" I groaned.

Dad walked over and felt my forehead like Clint did. "Can everyone stop touching my forehead please?" I attempted to move his hand but he swatted it away. Rude.

"There's a science fair today and I promised I would help Ned." I picked up my bag but Dad took it out of my hands.

I coughed before I tried to take it back, but I was too weak. Too weak? What?

"Yeah lets go to Banner."

"I feel peachy keen!"

• • •

"Well you're definitely sick." He checked my mouth, breaths, temperature...

"I have never been sick."

Bruce pulled out a needle.

My eyes widened. "Nope!" I attempted to jump off the table but dad held me there before I could.

I physically had nothing, it's like my strength was gone.

Bruce seemed to notice it. "Wait, Hazel..." He put the needle down. "Arm wrestle me."

"Why?" I put my arm in position.

"I need to see something." He put his arm in position as well.

"One, two, three..." he pushed my arm down with no struggle.

Banner scratched his neck. "I think Hazel lost her powers."

"WHAT!" I screamed loud enough for all of New York to hear me.

• • •

Dad tucked me into bed. "You're sick and you need rest."

"Am I dying?" I coughed. "That's what's this feels like."

"No, it's just a cold."

"You are aware I've never been sick in my life right?" I sneezed into my arm.

"I'll check on you later." He walked out of the room.

I pulled off my covers the moment he left and grabbed my phone.

"Miss Rogers I think it is best if you listen to your father and get some sleep." JARVIS spoke.

"I'm not leaving my room dude."

He didn't reply to me.

I sneezed again.

Being sick sucks.

                           •   •   •

A few days later...

I got over my cold in two days but my strength didn't return, I'm terrified that it won't and there's so much tension when I'm around people.

I walked through my school halls, no longer did I have strength to make me confident and feel protected.

I was a normal kid, I still knew some fighting techniques but I don't have strength to back it up.

Gym class was next and I have been dreading it.

I went into the girls locker room, changed and walked into the gym.

"Hey Rogers catch!" I turned around, not being able to react in time and the ball he threw hit me in the stomach.

I fell over, like a fish out of water and groaned in pain. Now I know what's it like for all these puny people to get hit by a ball.

Peter ran up and help me stand. "You okay?"

I nodded, "Peter my super strength is weak."

"Wait so you have no powers at all."

"Yeah, I'm a loser like you now." I lightly punched his arm.

"Gym class should be fun."

                              •   •   •

Finally the day was over and I was walking to the parent pick up line, Dad has been super careful and wanted to pick me up instead of me riding the bus.

"Hey Hazel."

"Fuck off, I don't want to fight you again." I said to the same dude who I fought awhile ago and got detention for.

He walked around me, staring. "I overheard a conversation earlier, you and Pete should watch where you talk."

I wasn't afraid. "If you want to fight again please hurt me, I dare you." I turned and pointed to motorcycle that my Dad was waiting for me on. "Yeah, that's Captain America, you know my father?"

"He can't see us."

"He can see everything dumbass." I turned and started walking to Dad.

A rock hit the back of my head.

I turned and smiled at him. "You have a weak arm."

"You do too."

"I'm not wasting time with you." I rubbed my newly hurt head.. "Goodbye dude." I walked away.

Dad looked up from the book he was reading when I walked up. "You took awhile."

"Yeah, someone tried to bully me." I didn't feel a need to lie."

"Who?" He looked around.

"He'll leave me alone." I looked at my elbows. "Plus when my strength comes back he won't dare mess with me again."

"That's good optimism tiger." He handed me my helmet.

"If he does then I'll let you kick his ass."

"Language."