wisdom teeth

After moving into Avengers tower.

I walked out from my school building. It's Friday, I'm free for the weekend so I can curl up under my blankets and watch television non stop.

My dad was picking me up. He avoided telling me why but how bad can whatever it be?

I saw my dad pull up and I ran over to a car? Why a car?

I got in the back seat and buckled myself in. "What's the car for?"

"Oh you'll see."

                            •   •   •

After a good fifteen minutes we pulled up to a dentist. "Not just no, but hell no." I stated and locked my door.

Dad had the emotion like he expected this. He pressed a button and unlocked my door.

I locked it again. "You're crazy!"

He unlocked it. "I'm crazy? You haven't gottten your teeth check at all."

I locked it. "I brush my teeth!"

He unlocked it again. "You've been complaining that your teeth hurt for weeks now."

I locked it. "You can drag me out over my dead body!"

If looks could kill, he has the perfect one. He unlocked it. "You're going to the appointment."

"Make me."

• • •

I sat in the waiting room with my arms crossed while I sulked.

Dad was focused on filling out the paper that the nurse gave him.

Kids were playing with toys in the corner. I remember when I had my dentist appointments with Peggy. It was more terrifying due to it being in the 40s-50s but hey whatever it takes right?

"Hazel Rogers?" I heard my name and a lady was standing between the door.

I looked at my dad. "Please don't make me go."

He gave me a look that said 'don't even try.'

I sighed and walked through the doors, following the lady.

We walked into one of the rooms. "Your parent said you've been having pain in your mouth."

"Nothing I can't handle." I smiled.

She pointed at the dentist chair. "Go ahead, get comfortable."

I walked over, there's no need to delay the inevitable so I sat and laid back in the chair.

She pulled out two tools. "When's the last time you've been to the dentist?"

"Sometime during the 40s I think." I shrugged.

She gave me a confused look. Oh she doesn't know who I am.

"Haha, joke." I played it off.

She didn't look for very long before she knew what was wrong.

She put her tools down. "Looks like you got some wisdom teeth."

"They sure don't give me wisdom." I muttered.

"I'll go inform your parent, we have a opening so we could take them right out."

"Wait surgery?" I sat up.

"No worries, you won't feel a thing, you'll be asleep."

Oh hell to the no no no no.

She walked away, probably to talk to my dear father who put me here in the first place.