unknowingly

Oh we're going far back to when Hazel woke up from the ice.

I shuddered in these weird clothes. I want nothing more to wear my red coat that Peggy brought me but...she's gone

Everyone is. I'm alone.

I only knew that I was in New York. I haven't been allowed out, apparently it would shock me too much. That's what one of the ladies said.

I was moved into a room with only a bed and a table that had some food, the food is good but I'm not very hungry.

"Never thought that you would be, standing here so close to me." I quietly sang to myself, Peggy played this song often.

"There's so much I fee-" I was cut off by my opening door.

"Miss Carter could you follow us?" An agent that looked like an assistant asked. Some armored agents were with her as well.

I stood up and smoothed out the oversized shirt I was wearing, they clearly don't carry children sizes. They also just gave me grey sweatpants and white shoes too.

I feel like I had no voice. I am truely a scared little child.

The lady turned to some stairs, I had agents behind me and in front of me. As if they wanted me untouched and protected from anyone, even their own people.

She stopped at a door and opened it.

Director Fury stood there, I don't trust him much but he's the only person I know.

"Miss Carter, lovely to see you." He pointed to the seat in front of his desk.

I nodded, not wanting to say anything and took the seat he offered.

"Are you feeling comfortable?"

"I'm fine." I picked at my fingernails.

"Kid, I want nothing more then to see you happy here, trust me, I understand that you just woke up in an entire new place and that you have people you miss."

I stayed silent. I prefer not saying anything.

He waved to the doorway beside him. In walked a man with a suit and tie, he seemed too happy to be here as an agent.

"Hazel this is Agent Phil Coulson." He stood up.

Coulson kneeled down in front of my seat. "Hi."

There's something different about him. He has a friendly vibe to him that others here don't have.

"I hear you don't talk much."

"Nothing to say." I replied

Fury stood up. "Agent Coulson is going to be helping you out." He handed something to Him.

"You want to go for a walk?"

"What's the point? it's all concrete walls."

"I was thinking somewhere else."

                              •   •   •

I walked around New York with Agent Coulson. He's such a teddy bear, and he doesn't treat me like I'm going to break.

I know there's probably agents around watching us Incase anything happens but it's not like I'm special.

"What's your favorite ice cream?"

I shook my head. "Peggy didn't allow me to eat many sweets. But me and my best friend Barry took some from the front office at school often."

I can trust this guy, I believe he's not going to hurt me.

"So you've never had ice cream?"

I shook my head.

"Let's try some." He pointed to a parlor across the street.

We both walked across the street and into the shop.

I bumped into a blond headed man in plaid and a brown leather jacket.

"Sorry." He replied and stopped me from falling, he had fast reflexes.

Agent Coulson seemed to tense up, he was worried about something.

I swear this blond man looked familiar.

"Shall we get to the ice cream tasting?" Coulson pointed to the many flavors.

"Yep." I smiled, for the first time since waking up.

Unknowingly, I never thought that blond headed man was my own father, Steve Rogers.

Aw I enjoyed this one so much.