Move on

„Well done Shawn.", Andrew said and slapped onto my shoulders playfully while walking to my dressing room with me. „Thanks.", I mumbled and took a sip of the waterbottle in my hand. „You're okay?", he asked worried and placed one hand on my shoulder. „Yeah.", I answered simply, looking into one corner.

„Is it still because of her?", Andrew asked and while he was saying it out loud, a weird feeling went through my body. I nodded slightly leaving the room without a word.
I didn't want Andrew to say anything about it.

-Flashback-(2 weeks earlier)
„Hey Shawn.", She said and walked closer to me. She hugged me tightly leaving me all tingly inside.
„Hi.", I answered simply, not knowing what to say to her. „Haven't heard from you in such a long time.", she said and looked directly into my eyes. Even though I enjoyed looking at her I couldn't keep my eyes on her for longer than 3 seconds.

„Yeah.", I mumbled and tried to find an out of that weird situation. „How are you?", she asked and smiled to me. „Eh fine and you?", I asked back and moved around awkwardly. „Good. I love your new song.", she said and laid one hand on my shoulder. „Thank you.", I said and smiled to her shortly.

- It's about you -

„What?", she asked and looked to me with big eyes. I panicked the moment I realized I really said my thoughts out loud.

„Sorry I didn't mean to say that.", I said nervously trying to look away from her. „It's about me?", she asked and raised her eyebrows. „Yeah.", I mumbled while scratching my neck. „Oh god I'm so sorry Shawn.", she said and held her hand over her mouth.

„No don't be.", I said awkwardly, while I felt my heart shatter into pieces. „I don't know what to say.", she said to fill the awkward silence.

I looked down to the ground as I tried to hold back my tears. I knew that this is going to happen anytime, but I never thought it would hurt this bad.

„You don't need to. I'll get over it. I'm happy that you're happy with him.", I said, having a hard time saying the last sentence. „Thank you so much Shawn. I hope you will find the right girl soon.", she said and hugged me quickly before leaving.
-Flashback over-(2 weeks later)

I walked into the restroom, pressing my head into my hands, while trying to contain myself. I looked at myself in the mirror, seeing my exhausted body and sad  expression.

It will get better.", I whispered to myself and went outside again. „Hey Shawn. Let's get some drinks.", Brian suggested and laid one arm around my shoulder. I love how he would just act instead of talk.
He always knows what's going on my head.

„Here you go.", the girl at the bar said and smiled to me. „Thank you.", I answered and took the Drinks to our table.

„Second round.", I said as I was standing at the bar again. The girl from earlier nodded friendly and started to make us the same drinks from before.

This time I looked at her intensively. She was absolutely stunning. Her long hair looked extremely soft and her smile was more than just beautiful. While making the drinks she looked to me several times, each time showing me her white smile.

„There you go.", she said and handed me our drinks. „Thank you...", I started and looked to the name sign on her shirt. „Y/n.", I said and smiled to her. She smiled back immediately giving me the feeling I should give it a try.

„I'm Shawn by the way.", I said and held out my hand to her. „Nice to meet you.", she said and shook it. „Nice to meet you too.", I answered while giving her my widest smile.

„Look Y/n.", I started. „I think you're really pretty and you seem extremely nice. Would you maybe give me your number?", I asked and scratched my neck nervously.

„Thank you so much Shawn. Of course, wait.", she said with her beautiful voice.
She quickly grabbed a piece of paper of behind the bar and wrote her number on it. As she handed me the paper our hands touched slightly sending shivers down my spine.

„Thank you.", I said and smiled. „I'll text you.", I added before turning around to leave to our table again. „I hope so.", she said which made me smile even more. Maybe this was the right time to move on.