chapter 6

Startled, I swung my head so hard, I actually cracked my neck.

"Ouch that looked like it hurt," the voice said in amusement.

And oh my, the body that voice belonged to.

I mean, I've seen my fair share of good looking guys out there and this guy did not disappoint.

He had light brown hair with streaks of darker strands that was styled so that it was straight and sleeked to the side. He was tall and looked to be around twenty.

He had a tan complexion which made me wonder if he lived here for a long time since there was practically no sun to tan with. His eyebrows were so dark and full and he had like, the best nose I have ever seen! It was so perfect and straight. Did he have a nose job?.

"No I assure you, I did not have a nose job," I cringed. I can't believe I said that out loud.

Luckily, it didn't look like he took any offense since his eyes were still shining in amusement. He had light brown eyes, the kind that could just make your day better. And his lips looked so pink and soft...

"Hello anybody there?" I shook my head, then I remembered the question and nodded. I was really making a fool out myself.

"Um, hi I'm Lia," I said feeling embarrassed for no reason. Dammit!

"Hi Lia, are you new here I don't think I've seen you around," he asked looking at me intently.

"Yeah I'm... Umm staying with my aunt," I said.

He looked at me curiously "Oh really? what's her na–"

"Lia, there you are. I've been looking for you everywhere," Mina said running up to me. Then her eyes moved to the hot guy and she frowned.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in a hostile manner.

He looked at her with an expression I could only perceive as disgust.

"I can go wherever I want Mina, you don't own this town," his voice laced with suppressed anger.

Mina turned back to me. "Let's go," Then she dragged me away.

"Wait Mina, there's still something I have to get," I said still struggling in her hold.

I didn't get the chance to look for the mirror and makeup, and I still wanted to explore some more.

We arrived at the cash register where she paid for the red curtain. When we were outside, I immediately turned to face her.

"I don't know why you didn't want me to talk to that guy,"

Her body tensed but I continued "I'm just gonna assume he was an ex, and things ended badly," her body relaxed.

"But," I said holding up my hand.

"I didn't finish my shopping and there is something I really want to get," I told her.

She looked unsure. "I really don't want you to go in while he is still there,"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry Mina, I won't talk to him if that's what you are worried about. I'll mind my own business, you can go home. I know the way back,"

She shook her head. "What will your aunt say if she finds out I left you alone,"

I sighed. "she won't mind,"

Hopefully.

"Besides you already paid for the curtains, just tell her I didn't like them and I went to get new ones on our way home,"

She shook her head again. "I'm not sure she would believe that,"

"She would," I assured her.

Probably tired of arguing with me, she nodded.

"Fine" she said reluctantly. 

Good.

"I'll see you in ten minutes," I  shouted to her.

She started walking away as she nodded again. "Okay!"

I walked back into the store as I headed straight for the makeup aisle, when I was roughly dragged into a closet.

********************
Authors note: from now on I will be constant with my updates. which will be double updates during the weekends. Thanks to those who read my book. I literally wanted to end this book because of low reads. But I will continue for some people. So to encourage me Remember to read, like and comment.