chapter 11

I landed not so gracefully and with a big 'oomph'

If there was anything in this house, It should have already been notified of my presence.

I got up and dusted my legging clad legs. I noticed that the place didn't look as abandoned as I thought it would.

That alone should have sent me running or should I say climbing away, but as you guys already know, I'm a very stupid girl.

I looked around the room I was in and found that it had the same setting as mine. I decided to see if it was only this room that was identical to aunt June's or the whole house.

Then as if something was guiding me, I navigated my way out of the room. The room that was next to it was wide open.

The feeling that someone was here or lived here was intensifying with each step I took.

I noticed that there was a weird smell coming from the house which was my only assurance that I was safe. That seemed like a horrible logic right? But if somebody did live here, They wouldn't have been comfortable staying in a place like this... Unless, they were creeps.

The thought about creeps living here was plausible, especially because the house reminded me from a scene of one of my favourite thriller movies: 'Gone baby gone'

It just had this 'serial killer lurking in the dark and waiting to kill you while you are completely unaware and wandering a place in peace' kinda vibe.

Shaking my crazy thoughts away, I climbed down a flight of stairs until I came across the main living area.

I couldn't help but gape at the space around me. It was empty.

Every step I took echoed around the space. I decided that I had done enough exploring but my legs continued to move on their own.

I then noticed that the space wasn't completely empty.

The only thing that filled up the space was a lone table at the center of the room. And weirdly enough, that was what I was moving towards.

It felt like I was possessed. I couldn't stop walking, I couldn't talk, I could only watch as my body continued to approach the table. I finally stopped when I was in front of the table.

I could feel my head moving slowly downwards as if another entity was pushing me. When my head finally reached the top of the table, I saw that I was staring right back at myself.

It was a mirror.

For what felt like the millionth time this week I was crying. Not because I finally found a mirror, but because the mirror in front of me was mine. It was the mirror that I left at my mum's car.

And that wasn't the scary part.

The scary part was that it was partly covered in a red liquid that seemed to be blood.

And something told me that the blood belonged to my mother.