chapter 14

I let out a huge gasp as I started coughing. I reached over to my nightstand to grab a bottle of water when something caught my eye.

My coughing died down as I stared back at my reflection.

THE FUCKING MIRROR WAS ON MY BED!

I scrambled around trying to get up from my bed. But I ended up entangling myself in my sheets falling down to the floor.

With a groan, I stood up and stared at the mirror in awe. 'How the hell did it get there!'

Then I remembered the horrible dream I had. Chills ran down my spine and I suddenly became more grateful for my speech.

'It's only a dream Lia' I said to myself, trying to calm down.

I looked at my bed again. The mirror was still on it.

I climbed my bed and observed the angle at which it was placed. It seemed to be directly facing me.

I didn't remember picking it up after I threw it and I definitely didn't put it on my bed. I walked to check if my door was still locked when a terrible pain surged through my back.

Why would my back be hurting so much?

I reached out to touch it when I saw something that truly horrified me. "No! No, no, no. This isn't possible. This can't be happening!"

I stared at the red marks that littered around my elbow. On the same place  the monster held me.

"It was just a dream, this can't be happening!" I shouted.

I turned to the bathroom and marched towards it throwing the door open. I immediately turned to the sink to see if the mirror was there.

It wasn't.

I walked back to the room and sat on the bed.

"It was just a dream. See the mirror isn't there," I said trying to convince myself.

I must have fallen off my bed at night which is why my back hurts and I must have mistakenly scratched myself, and I just forget that I put the mirror on my bed at night yeah... That makes sense.

Nothing to it Lia. Nothing happened, it was just a dream

"It was just a dream," I said more firmly.

I put the mirror on the table, and entered into the toilet to take a bath.

Ignoring the pain that pulsed on my back, I dressed up in my trusted jeans and jacket, then I unlocked my door and went downstairs.

I was greeted by the smell of breakfast as my stomach grumbled. I never realized how hungry I was.

"Ah Lia, you finally decided to join us for breakfast?" Aunt June said looking expectantly.

"Yes," I said, whilst keeping my face impassive.

I sat down as I tried not to stare at the food too greedily. I knew I had some food left in my room from my little escapad, but I decided I had locked myself in my room for too long.

Mina put a plate of eggs and toast in front of me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back even though I really wasn't feeling it.

"Can I go out today?" I asked aunt June politely.

Well as politely as a teen who just had a horrible freaking nightmare of her mother who was in the hospital that she still couldn't see.

Luckily, she ignored my tone and nodded while looking at her food.

"Mina would go with you," at the sound of her name, Mina turned and looked at me with another one of her bright smiles.

"Errrr, I would like to go on my own today," I said quietly. Mina's smile dropped and was replaced with a look of hurt.

"Alright then, I believe you know your way back," aunt June said still looking down at her plate.

"Yes, I do," I said trying to ignore the guilt that bubbled at my stomach.

I didn't want to hurt Mina, I just really wanted to be on my own today.

After breakfast, I went to grab my phone from my room and rushed out of the house before Mina could confront me.

I began my walk on the empty streets. Secretly admiring the houses that I passed.

I walked through what seemed like a park when I saw a very familiar figure sitting on the park bench.

I Contemplated whether I should talk to him or not. My mind said no but my body betrayed it as I made my way towards him. I am just loving today.

**************
Authors note Double updates today because I love you guys. I am not sure how constant I might be updating since I am writing my exams. But I will update each week. I'm not sure which day or at which pace so please bear with me.
Lenonxay out 🙅