chapter 17

"Can you play with me?" A little voiced asked.

I opened my eyes to come face to face with a pair of innocent black eyes.

"What the- Who are you? how did you get into my room?" I asked the young girl as I scrambled to get out of my bed.

I remembered the conversation I had with aunt June. She must have been Mina's little sister Sammy.

I noticed she was dressed in a shaggy torn dress that looked like it was originally white but was now dirtied with brown stains.

"Sammy, how did you get into my room. I thought I locked the door," I said walking to check if the door was still locked.

"Oh, It wasn't!" She said behind meas I  jumped up in fright.

"Don't scare me," I scolded her.

"So you are Mina's little sister, right? I thought you were coming later. Also, why are you stained and dressed like that?"

"I know you have nightmares" she said ignoring me. Her voice lowered to a whisper.

"I have them too,"

Then she went to my bed and started bouncing on it while giggling. "We are going to have so much fun!"

I was struck with fear. How did she know I had nightmares?

"Sammy, what kind of nightmares do you have" I asked her slowly. She stopped bouncing and shook her head.

"If I start talking about my nightmares, they'll know," my body chilled with fright.

"Who will know Sammy?" I tried asking her calmly. She got down and stood in front of me as she motioned for me to bend down.

I was hit by a strange gust of air as her cold lips touched my ears.

"I will know,"

I raised my head to look at her but I was met with only air.

"Lia, Sammy is here, she is really excited to meet you," Mina said while knocking on my door. But I wasn't listening. If Sammy just got here who was-,

Oh my God! I'm going crazy.

"Lia, are you awake?" Mina asked while knocking again.

"Maybe she doesn't want to see me," a small voice said sadly.

I quickly opened the door which was actually locked.

"Sorry, I was in the bathroom," I said to Mina but my eyes were focused on the little girl that was beside her. She looked exactly like the girl that was just in my room.

Except she didn't look as scraggly.
'How did she-'

I pinched myself while ignoring the strange looks they were giving me.

This time I wasn't dreaming.