chapter 10

It was already morning, even though the sun wasn't shining brightly. Again, 'the usual weather'

I felt a lot better than I did last night, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to see anyone.

In the end my stomach made the choice.

I opened the door and peeked out into the hallway. Not seeing anyone, I began to tiptoe as I made my way towards the kitchen.

It seems lady luck was on my side since I didn't bump into anyone.

When I arrived at the kitchen I noticed that no one was there but the food was already set. Strange...

Choosing to see that as a reward for all that had happened to me, I carried some food from the table.

Once my hand was secured with enough bread, sausages and eggs. I opened the cabinet and snagged some chips and chocolate. Then I went to the fridge to get some water bottles and drinks.

I couldn't help but feel like a thief, But my growling stomach egged me on. I tiptoed back to the room, then I locked the door. Phew. Mission complete.

I dumped the food and myself on the bed, then I went for the sausages.

As I was stuffing my mouth like there was no tomorrow, I felt something vibrate under my butt.

I removed my phone from the unholy place to see that it was Andie calling me.

"Hello," I said to her, although it came out a bit muffled because of the food still in my mouth.

"Hello to you too, from your voice I can tell you are doing better,"

"Mhmm," I said choosing not to speak as I had just stuffed more bread into my mouth.

"Well since you are okay, I guess I'll call back later," she hung up.

And that people, is why she is my best friend. She understands that food comes first and that when I am eating I am no longer lia, but a beast who needs to quench its hunger.

After my stomach stopped growling and I no longer felt too hungry, I arranged the remainder of the food on my night stand.

I lied down on my bed again. I thought about calling Andie back, but I decided I would do so at night.

I could call some of my old friends, but it would be really awkward.

I checked my phone to see that it was ten o' clock and that my phone battery was only three percent.

After I put my phone to charge, I began pacing around the room.

I didn't want to think about mum and I definitely wasn't going downstairs...

I heard someone knocking, but this time it wasn't coming from the door, It was coming from the window.

I opened my blinds to see that it wasn't actually knocking but it was a branch from the tree hitting the glass window.

It was then I notice the house that was on the other side of the tree. It looked exactly like aunt June's house, but it seemed abandoned.

How did I not notice that before?.

Although, I could only see the side view of the house that was facing mine.

As I continued to stare at the house, I noticed something move across the window.

It looked tall enough to be human, but I was probably hallucinating. Besides,most of the branches were obscuring my view, so I couldn't be sure.

Not knowing if it was my Nancy drew instincts or my stupidity, I decided to investigate.

I opened my window and began to climb the branch. It seemed that the tree acted as some kind of link between the two houses.

It was a bit odd because you could easily use the branches to enter either of the houses. I wonder if any one did it before.

I began to walk on the branches to the other house all the while keeping my head up because it must have been two storeys tall.

At last, I was in front of the window to the other house. I tried pushing it open and to my surprise it opened.

Taking a deep breath, I leaped from the branch I was on into the house.

****************
Author's note: Hello people reading my book. Thank you for that. I love you all! Do you have any thoughts on what lies at the other side?

Have a nice day💜💙❤💚💛