chapter 23

Then he began,

"Your mum isn't actually your mum," He started.

"Wait! what? Are you seriously going to start with lies?" I shouted while standing up.

He shook his head. "I told you, you might not like this. But please just listen and don't interrupt me until I'm done, okay?" I nodded and sat down again.

"Like I was saying, Katrina is not your mother. June is," I was about to tell him how wrong that statement was, but he shut me up with a glare.

"Your mum couldn't give birth to a child no matter how much she tried. She became jealous when her sister who was sixteen years older than her, suddenly became pregnant with twins, you and a girl named Cammie. So she asked her for one of the twins.
Your mum was twenty-six at the time while your aunt was forty-two. For that reason, she agreed to give one of you to her sister since she felt she was a bit too old to take good care of both of you. After that, your mum renamed you," he explained while looking in my eyes to gauge my reaction.

"If that is possibly true, which it is not. Why do I look my mom and more importantly where is this Cammie?"

"Stroke of luck for your mum that you looked like her, and Cammie died when she was nine," he said emotionlessly.

My mouth went dry. "How?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know," was all he said.

"But how do you know all this other stuff. Who are you?"

"That is something you will find out when the time is right," he said with an air of finality.

"So... Where did you get your nose job done? I've been thinking of having one," I said reaching for his perfectly straight nose.

"Is that really all you have to say after all that?" he said looking at me, his mouth parting with disbelief as he dodged my prying hands.

"I really don't know. It's a defense mechanism okay? Of course, I'm afraid. Of course, I'm confused. What do you want me to say?" I asked angrily as I stood up from the bed and sat down on the floor.

My voice dropped low with sadness. "If I joke about this, then maybe it won't feel so real," I said as I placed my hands on my face tiredly.

His face softened. "I know its hard for you right now but I haven't even told you the worst part..." he said as he sat down next to me on the floor.

"Woah, Woah Woah. There's something worse than finding out your whole life is a lie? I don't even know which name to call myself!" I shouted incredulously as I waved my hands around.

"Keep quiet! you don't want to attract anyone,"  Jake said as he placed his hands on my mouth, but it was too late.

"Lia, I heard you screaming, is everything alright?" I heard Mina call out.

Like seriously. Why don't they hear me screaming when I actually need them?

"I'm coming in," she said as the sound of the locks clicked. Of course aunt June would give her the keys.

I looked at Jake in panic as we got up from the floor.

I gestured towards the window but he looked at me like I was mad.

I didn't care as I started to push him towards the window. There was no way Mina would catch him in my room.

******
Authors note: hello again you Kitty Katies! That was one ride of a chapter...

Do you guys believe Jake( if that is really his name...) And what do you think Lia should do now. Do you understand what is going on?

Please let me know! I'm desperate for your thoughts... I'm a thought moster...