Chapter 10 Jenna

Jennas P.O.V

Since Max is here now he gets oceans room. Ocean now sleeps with me for now on.

I walk in my room and already see Ocean on my bed.

I laid Ocean down in bed and tucked her in. I am going to sleep with her, but the joy I get tucking her in lights me up. After being done I decided to go check on Max again. I don't feel tired. I have too much light in my system.

"Mom?" I turned around. Ocean's still up.

"Yes dear?" I said.

"How long are you going to stay?" She asked, still wondering off to sleep.

"I don't know why?" I asked. I think I know what's going on.

"I don't like it when you leave me." She whines.

I hate leaving her and Britney, but I want to keep them safe.

"I just like going on trips. Explore everything!"

Ocean knows why I move, but I don't like reminding her of him, so I act dumb sometimes.

"Why do they take so long though?" She keeps whining.

"I help and stop bad guys along the trip, And those take long." I use my excuse.

"Forget those people, I'm more important." Well that's harshly true.

"You're just a kid, you don't understand yet. Me? I am just a teenager,17, basically a young adult, I know what I'm doing.." I said looking at Ocean spacing out. "I'll Soon to be an actual adult...." Ok I'll admit, the thought of being an actual adult makes me feel old. I still feel like a kid.

"You'll still look good." She mentioned.

"I guess you're right." I said while looking at the mirror in front of my bed.

"Yeah I'm hot!" I said out loud.

"What about Max?" She sighed. "You bring him everywhere."

"Yes, he's my best friend." I smile. He's so stubborn! I love him!

"Uh, yeah mom, likes it's obvious."

"He's my bestest of friends, but i don't like him like that." I said.

"I thought Brittney was your bestest friend?"

"Max's my best friend too!" I add.

"Why not? You guys would make a cute couple!" She squeals. "He could be my daddy! And we would live happily ever after!!--" I cut her off, shes pissing me off. I know she loves him but I'm not into him like that.

"It's just the way it is! We're nothing more than just friends!" I shout at her. In fear she covers herself with the blankets.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I quaked. "I have a lot going on in my head." I rub my head, taking a breath. "Anyway good night, I Love you."

"Love you too." She muttered. I walk out of the room.

"I'll be back..."

It's not like I can't share things with ocean, I love her, but it's just personal, too personal and she still very young.

Max is just my friend and she always asks about us, like girl, we're just friends. I did steal his first kiss(we were having a moment) but we're nothing else. Plus after HIM, I don't feel like dating anyone.

Does she know how I truly feel? I'll tell her when I'm ready and she's a bit older.

I enter Oceans old room, where Max is in now.