Chapter 6 - Different

Dedicated to SummerKiss23. If I had to write about everything she's done for me and how much I love her for everything it would be longer than this damn chapter. I'll keep it simple and save you guys the scrolling since rarely any of you read this part anyways. Thanks you for everything I can't imagine losing you again and I'm so happy to have you back. Luv you. 

7 years Ago

 Shit here we go again. I heard Austin scream and tried opening the door but I was locked out. I pounded on the door over and over as I heard Austin screaming.

 "Please Robert stop!” I pleaded at the door

 I kept knocking at the door trying to get it to open. I fumbled with the doorknob trying anything I could to open the door. I felt my arms get heavy I’ve been pounding at the door for nearly an hour. I wondered how much longer he could do this to him to his own son. His only son left. I kept pleading at the door screaming at him to open the door.

“Robert damn stop he’s had enough please stop!” I pleaded again and slid down against the door putting my head in my hands. I felt tears run down my face and I quickly brushed them away.

After a few more minutes the door opened and I fell back slightly but quickly picked myself up and looked up at Robert. He was expressionless and simply walked around me only pissing me off. I felt myself filling with rage and I tried to not do anything stupid but I couldn’t hold it in.

“You’re a terrible excuse for a father you shouldn’t even be called one!” I shouted to him. Robert turned to me his face calm and cool with a hint of playfulness at his eyes.

“Ace you don’t know what you’re saying go play nurse now as you always do,” He said and I clenched my fists, “Better keep that anger under control as well Ace,” he said and turned around. I was about to go after him but I heard Austin let out a cry and I ran into his room to see him trying to get up.

I looked him up and down I hated seeing my best friend like this. He had blood covering his lips his eye and lip were swollen and I was sure he had a bruise nearly everywhere on his body. His arm looked broken from the whole time he was trying to cover himself from the blows. I walked to him quickly and helped him up on the bed. I knew I couldn’t help him alone seeing as I knew nothing about helping in these sort of situations so I picked up the phone and called our other best friend who knew about everything as well, Adriana. She new how to help because her mom and dad were both doctors so she lived around this sort of stuff and she wants to follow in their footsteps and become a doctor as well.

She picked up the phone and I explained everything and in a few minutes I heard her rushing up the stairs thankful that she only lived a few houses away. She ran into the room and pushed me aside, “Well hello to you to,” I grumbled

“Whatever Ace this is not about you right now. Get some wet towels and some wraps,” I groaned and got up. Such a bossy little bitch but I set it aside and got to work helping her fix up my best friend who looked as broken as a kid who got told he wouldn’t get any Christmas presents or get to go to Disney World.

Present Time

I rolled over on my bed and groaned remembering I had to go to work. Maybe I should have taken ace’s advice and not work this summer and put it off to next year, but then again that’s what I said last year and the year before that. I sighed and walked still half asleep to the shower stripping down and forcing myself under the cold water.

I showered quickly and fixed my hair seeing as how it was falling over my eyes and unlike Ace I actually liked to see where I was going. I got dressed and finished fixing my hair then went to complete mission impossible: Waking up Ace. I didn’t really want to because of our fight last night but I had to.