Chapter 3

I turn around and stare at him.
Rye: "No trick, I'm just not going to let you walk home and get a cold."
Abrial: "I'm okay!"
I pull a face, turn around and start walking again.
Rye: "Look I get it, you don't like us, we're just another stupid boy band but that doesn't mean you have to be stubborn!"
I turn around facing him again. We are both soaked.
Abrial: "You don't get it! You never will! Ever since she heard of you, it's all she can talk about! How cute Jacob is, how crazy Booker is!"
Rye: "Jack and Brook."
Abrial: "I DON'T CARE! She doesn't get any work done, most of those dances I come up with because she's too busy on her phone looking at your Instagrams! You're all she talks about!  You are technically the cause of my headaches and why there's a lot less paracetamol in the world!"
He bursts out laughing and I can't help myself so I do too.
Rye: "Oh my god, she laughs!"
Abrial: "Ha ha!"
Rye: "Look fair enough but that's technically not our fault we are just too irresistible for your friend."
He winks and I giggle.
Abrial: "Don't flatter yourself."
Rye: "So it's either walk home which is a long way, or you could get in a sexy, smart, talented mans car."
Abrial: "I choose the second one...if you see that man, can you give me a shout?"
Rye: "For god's sake just get in the car!"
We laugh as he opens the door and I climb in.
Rye: "Right so where am I going?"
Abrial: "I'll direct you."
He turns the radio on full blast. One of my favourite songs 'break up with your girlfriend' is playing. Rye starts drumming on the steering wheel and we both belt it out.
Rye: "THEN I REALISE SHE'S RIGHT THERE!"
Abrial: "AND I'M AT HOME LIKE DAMN THIS AIN'T FAIR!"

The song finishes and we are both in fits of laughter. He stares into my eyes and for a minute, I admitted to myself I did like him but then I broke it pretending to cough.
Radio: "Okay listeners, so now we are going to have a blast from the past!"
The beat starts playing and we both turn to each other smirking. We start to clap and band out feet.
Rye: "VERY SUPERSTITIOUS."
Abrial: "WRITING ON THE WALL."
Rye: "VERY SUPERSTITIOUS."
Abrial: "LADDERS BOUT TO FALL."
Rye: "THIRTEEN MONTH OLD BABY."
Abrial: "BROOK THE LOOKING GLASS."
Rye: "SEVEN YEARS OF BAD LUCK."
Abrial: "GOOD THINGS IN YOUR PAST."
Rye: "WHEN YOU BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND."
Abrial: "THEN YOU SUFFER."
Both: "Superstition ain't the way."
By the end of the song, we are laughing again.