Chapter 18

It's five hours later and Abrial still hasn't shown any signs of life. Andy walks in and sits down in the chair next to me.
Andy: "You know why I'm here?"
Rye: "Yes and I honestly couldn't care less about what you have to say."
Andy: "This isn't healthy. You need to eat."
Rye: "I can't, the sight of food makes me nauseous. I physically can't eat."
Andy: "Maybe take a small break from here, I'll stay. You need a breather, you can't be here forever..."
Rye: "I'm not going to be here forever, she will wake up."
Andy: "I know I didn't mean it like that...if anything happens I will call you...if you won't do it for yourself, do it for her."
Rye: "Fine, I will go for a few hours."
Andy: "Good."
Rye: "I swear I..."
Andy: "I know I will call now go!"
I kiss her forehead then leave.

I manage to get a few hours of sleep and I eat a sandwich but then I'm back at the hospital.
Andy: "Nothings happened..."
Rye: "Thank you, you can go now...where's Karolina?"
Andy: "I don't know, I haven't heard from her."
Rye: "Okay..."
He leaves and I'm sat back with Abrial, talking to her about random things.

Rye: "I feel so stupid, just sitting here talking to you when I know you can't hear me...I don't even know what to say...as soon as we get out of here, I'm taking you to Spain. I know you miss your Mum...I want you to be able to visit where she came from..."
Her finger twitches and I jump up shocked. I stare at her hand as it starts to move.

Rye: "HELP!"
The doctors rush in.
Rye: "Is she okay? What's happening?"
Doctor: "Oh my god, she's more than fine...she's waking up!"