Chapter 6

Tuesday drags and I haven't heard from Karolina at all. I miss her so much. I message her.

The next day, I get a taxi to the studio

The next day, I get a taxi to the studio. I get inside. Karolina is already there. She walks up to me and hugs me.
Karolina: "I'm so sorry, I was being such a bitch!"
Abrial: "No I was, you had a chance to meet your favourite people! I tried to stop you, I'm the bitch!"
Karolina: "No, you're my best friend, you always come first!"
Abrial: "Well did you have fun anyway?"
Karolina: "Oh my god it was like the best day ever! Rye hugged me! Rye! Did you say anything while he drove you home?"
Abrial: "Nah, we didn't speak much, he dropped me off then he left."
Of course I couldn't tell her the truth, she's be so pissed. She has always been in Rye's lane and I am not going to say that I like him..a lot...plus I screwed it up anyway.

My thoughts are interrupted suddenly when a group of five boys burst through the door. They all come in laughing except for Rye who glances straight at me as he comes in. I smile weakly at him but he looks away. Deflated, I start the music.

After a while, we get thirsty so I nip to the shop to get us both a drink. When I get back, I see Rye stood outside.
Abrial: "Hey."
Rye: "Hey."
Abrial: "Look I'm sorry about yesterday, I shouldn't of just kicked you out like that."
Rye: "It's...okay. I don't usually do that though, by the way. I don't know why but it just felt like I'd known you forever."
Abrial: "Yeah, same."
Rye: "Why did you like pull away?"
Abrial: "Lots of reason."
Rye: "Well?"
Abrial: "For one, Karolina is full on in love with you, she's in your lane, if she ever found out, I would lose her. Secondly..."
Rye: "What?"
Abrial: "Secondly, I'm scared of getting close to people. I'm scared of getting hurt like I have in the past. Thirdly, in my opinion, all boy band members are players. I dated a guy from a band once and on tour they went out after the show and slept with random people."
Rye: "I'm not a player, none of us are. I have never slept with girls after the show or anything like that. Look I get it, you got hurt in the past but I'm not going to hurt you."
He smiles at me then turns and walks back inside. I honestly don't know what to do! I like him but I can't like him! I have to be a good friend to Karolina and I can't let myself get hurt again! I take a deep breath and walk back inside.

We finish up a while later and as we are about to leave, Karolina goes to hug them all. While she's distracted, I see Rye sliding a slip of paper over. '07188374152'. I smile shaking my head at him then we leave.