three

----

----

THREE MONTHS AND FIVE WEEKS LATER. Avery threw a cookie to Lilith who caught it. "Really?" Lilith asked.

"What?" Avery asked. "It's been three months, don't you think we should... discuss the threat we're facing?" Lilith asked both Hamish, who was silently reading, and Avery, who was leaning on the mini bar.

"Where's Randall?" Avery asked, trying to desperately change the subject. Right on cue, Randall crashed through the door. "Guys!" He yelled.

"What?" Hamish asked. "What now?" Avery complained. "Okay, so you know how I work at Belgrave University as an RA?" Randall asked.

"Yes." All three of them replied.

"Well, one of my people would be a great champion. He's super smart and--" "Hell to the fucking no." Avery said, cutting off Randall.

"Even if he was worthy enough to be a Knight, who would he bond to? Cannon Fodder?" Avery asked.

"Silverback." Randall said with a bright grin.

"Fuck no!" All three wolves disagreed.

"Silverback has been dormant for fifty some odd years, why would he suddenly bounce back and pick some rando from Belgrave?" Lilith asked.

"Yes." Randall replied.

"Fuck no!" All three of them repeated. "Come on, guys, please. One chance." Randall said.

Hamish and Avery looked at each other, "Your call." Hamish said shrugging. Avery paused and breathed deeply.

"Fuck it. Do it." Avery said.

"Yes!" Randall cheered.

Avery pointed at him, causing his smile to fade. "Fuck it up, your newbie is dead." Avery threatened, walking away.

----

While Randall was out, Lilith, Hamish, and Avery stayed behind in boredom. "How long is this supposed to take?" Avery asked.

"Randall will get it done." Hamish replied.

"He's Randall. He's probably off getting drunk--Oh wait. That's you." Avery replied. "Really? Now?" Hamish asked.

"Jesus Christ," Lilith snapped, "is this your versions of flirting because it fucking sucks ass."

"We are not flirting." Hamish and Avery replied. Lilith smirked and took a small sip of her drink. Avery and Hamish glanced at each other, Lilith groaned in annoyance, "You're both so fucking annoying, just kiss already!"

"What?" Avery asked.

"Sorry, the words just... fell out." Lilith said, putting her drink down.

The door swung open causing the three Knights to look in the direction of the noise. Randall walked in, dragging a young man's body inside. "Told you he'd get it done." Hamish said, smiling down at Avery.

"Shut up." Avery replied, walking over to help Randall. "Name?" Avery asked. "Jack Morton. Freshman." Randall replied.

"Lil." Avery said, holding out her hand. Lilith threw her a towel which Avery caught. Avery threw it over Jack's crotch and sighed, dusting off her hands.

"In the meantime," Avery said, turning around and looking at Hamish, "you, me. Outside. Now." Avery walked away, patting Hamish's shoulder.

"Aw fuck." Hamish complained softly. "Now, Duke!" Avery yelled.

"So glad you're her favorite and I'm not, if I was, pretty sure I'd be dead." Randall commented. "He's just easy to punch." Avery said from outside.

"Burn my body." Hamish said before walking away. Lilith nodded, "No problem." Hamish walked outside and closed the door behind him.

"Really? Easy to punch?" Hamish asked.

Avery cracked her knuckles, "Well..." She trailed off, she shrugged and then punched him across the face. Hamish exclaimed in pain. He grabbed his jaw and looked at Avery in complete shock. "You kinda are." Avery finished.

----

Avery yelped as Hamish finally got a hit on her. Avery chuckled and wiped her cheek as the cut Hamish left behind healed. "Nice." Avery said softly.

"Thank you." Hamish replied. The two awkwardly stared at each other for a moment. "How long has it been?" Hamish asked. "Five minutes." Avery replied.

Meanwhile, inside, Randall and Lilith were silently watching through the widow. "Ten dollars they start making out." Randall said.

"Deal." Lilith replied.

Randall and Lilith shook each other's hands and continued to watch Avery and Hamish.

"We should head back inside before--" Avery started talking, Hamish took large strides over to her, "--Randall and--" Hamish put his hand on her neck and kissed her softly.

"Boom bitch!" Randall exclaimed.

"Fuck!" Lilith yelled.

Avery gently pushed Hamish back, "What're you doing?" She asked softly. "Forgiving you." Hamish replied.

"You can't forgive me." Avery replied. "You don't have idea what I've done."

"I have a pretty good idea." Hamish answered.

"Hey!" Lilith yelled, appearing in the doorway. "If you two are done with... this. Rookie's waking up." Avery and Hamish looked at Lilith. "Hurry up and haul ass!" Lilith yelled.

The pair walked back into the house and appeared by Randall's side. Lilith walked over and joined them. "You said he was waking up." Avery said.

"He is." Randall said. He knelt down and snapping his fingers in front of Jack's face. "Hey! Hey! Wake up!" Randall shouted.

Jack's blurry vision slowly began clearer as she looked over at Randall, Lilith, Hamish, and Avery.

"What--Why am I naked?" Jack asked.

"Because you turned." Avery said. "Huh?" Jack replied. Avery rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Where are my clothes?" Jack asked. Randall stood up and turned around, "Here," He said handing Jack his clothes, "Sorry, it got torn up when you... tore out of them."

"Who are you?" Jack asked.

"It's me, Randall. I'm your RA." Randall said. Jack groaned softly and put his hand to his head, "I know that. But who are they?" Jack asked, motioning to the three standing wolves.

"Oh," Randall said, standing up. "This is Hamish, Lilith, and Avery. And together, we are the Knights of Saint Christopher— Really? Guys, I thought we were gonna say that together." Jack stood up, holding the towel around his waist.

"What happened?" Jack asked again.

"You bonded to Silverback causing you to transform." Hamish explained. "Transformed into what?" Jack asked. "Who are you?!"

"Oh my, God." Hamish gasped in annoyance. "We are a brotherhood--"

"Gender neutral collective." Lilith corrected. Avery nodded in agreement. "We were giving the sacred anointment to--" Hamish started talking again. 

"Dude, we're werewolves." Randall exclaimed with a bright smile, cutting off Hamish.

"The fuck?" Jack asked.