nine

——

——

AVERY WALKED BEHIND RANDALL AND JACK as they walked to Mrs. Benson's house. "I don't smell blood." Avery said.

"Me either." Randall said.

Jack looked at them. "The linger you wear the Hide, the more heightened your senses are." Avery explained.

"Can you two just check around back..?" Jack asked, "Please?"

Avery and Jack looked at each other, "Fine." Randall said, walking away. "Don't fucking go anywhere." Avery said, following him.

Randall and Avery looked around the backside of the house, "There's nothing here!" Avery groaned loudly.

Randall sighed, "Let's go." Randall said. Avery turned and they both walked back to the front of the house.

"He's gone." Avery said.

"Shit." Randall said.

Avery looked at Randall, "Where would he go?" She asked.

"I know. Come on." Randall said.

——

Randall and Avery walked up along side one of the buildings at Belgrave.

Avery whistled loudly causing Jack to turn and look at both of them. Jack said something to his friend and he walked away.

"Thanks for ditching up, dude. Like we knew exactly where to go." Randal said as the three of them started to walk away.

"You're a terrible double agent, you know that right?" Avery asked.

"Gee, thanks." Jack replied.

"Come on, let's get food." Randall said. Avery stopped causing the two to look back at her. "I should head home. Do some damage control." Avery said.

"Okay." Randall replied.

Avery turned around and her eyes went golden.

In the forest, Accalia ran and came across the house of the Knights. She turned back into a human and Avery walked over to the door.

She walked into the house and out on her robe. "Hamish! Lilith!" She yelled.

Hamish came around the corner and Lilith came up behind her. "Where's Morton?" Lilith asked.

"Not here." Avery replied.

"Where is he?" Hamish asked.

"Watch it. I could take you both down at the same time." Avery said.

"We know." Lilith said. "But we know you know where Morton is."

"I'm on your side." Avery said.

"We know." Hamish said.

"Listen to me, I have no idea where they are—"

"They?" Hamish asked, cutting off Avery. "Okay, that's it! I am done being interrogated by my own people. Randall will be here soon. And until then, back off." Avery said. "Okay?"

"Okay." Hamish and Lilith replied.

——

Randall walked inside the den with Jack behind him, "Hamish! Lilith!" Randall called out.

"Good job, Randall." Hamish said, coming from around the corner. Avery grabbed the door and slammed it, "We thought for sure you'd help him run." Lilith said, appearing next to Avery.

"What?" Jack asked, turning to the two female werewolves, he looked at the Knights frantically, "You double crossing bastard!" He yelled.

"What in your right mind makes you think I'd ever help you?" Avery asked, scoffing. Randall put his hands out to both Hamish and the two girls. "Hear me out." Randall said, he looked at Avery, "This is still my chance, right?"

Hamish turned his head slightly and glared at her. Avery looked at Jack, she walked over to him, grabbing his throat and pushing him against the wall. "Cross me and I'll eat you alive." Avery said.

"Yes ma'am." Jack said, strained from the pressure she was putting on his throat. Avery let him go and walked away, "Jack killed his Ethics professor." Randall said. Avery crossed her arms.

"His professor was being controlled by some freaky dark magic type shit, and he turned into Silverback and stopped it." Randall cut in, walking over to Avery, "That right there is some champion shit."

"I say we train him." Avery said. 'What the fuck?'

"You don't want to kill him?" Hamish asked. "I did, but a girl can change her mind. Besides, I bet he can't fight." Avery said, "This'll be fun."

----

Avery stood in front of Jack who was wearing a towel, but she was wearing her robe. "Why am I wearing a towel?" Jack asked.

"So you don't ruin the clothes." Avery replied.

"Why are you wearing a robe?" Jack asked.

"Because I'm the leader and I chose not to wear a towel." Avery answered. Jack nodded in understanding. "Okay, so, you taught yourself how to keep Silverback in, now all you have to do is let him out." Avery explained, crossing her arms.

Jack nodded and exhaled quickly and shook his arms. "Okay." Jack said before closing his eyes and grunted softly.

"Take your time." Avery said with a small smile.

"No, wait, I'm almost there." Jack said, his eyes still screwed shut.

Avery sighed, "Stop before you hurt yourself." She said causing Jack to open his eyes. "Here, let me show you." Avery said, undoing the tie in her robe.

"Whoa!" Jack yelled turning around as Avery dropped her robe and shifting into Accalia. Jack turned back around and looked down at the wolf.

Jack snickered softly, "I'm sorry it's just that... Hamish, Lilith, and Randall are like... eight feet tall and you mean to tell me that--" Accalia growled and jumped forward, tackling Jack and pushing him on the ground.

She snarled, showing her sharp fangs to Jack. "Oh.. shit." Jack said softly. Randall walked down the stairs and scoffed at Accalia, "A! Seriously!? We're trying to train him, not scare him!" Randall yelled.

Accalia looked up and hopped off Jack. Accalia turned back into Avery and she wrapped her robe around her. "Well, that's boring." Avery said.