five

——

——

"WHAT?" HAMISH ASKED IN DISBELIEF. "Yeah, yeah. I know it sounds bad but—I swear i had a good ass reason." Avery replied.

"She was drunk, Hamish. Don't you remember?" Avery asked.

Hamish sighed and looked at Avery with a blank stare. "I do." He replied.

"I wasn't going to let her hurt you." Avery said softly, "I'm so sorry."

Hamish sighed and put his index finger under her chin to make her look up at him. "I forgave you for that a long time ago, Avery." Hamish said.

"I still haven't." Avery replied, "I mean what sane person would?" Avery asked.

"Holy shit, will you just stop talking for a few minutes?" Hamish asked. Avery looked up at him in confusion. "Do you know why I didn't leave, even though I knew exactly what you did?" Hamish asked.

"Why?" Avery asked.

"Because I fell in love with you." Hamish answered. "What sane person wouldn't?"

"Hamish.."

"I know why we broke up. I understand why you were pissed at me for a good..." Hamish trailed off in thought.

"Three years." Avery finished for him.

Randall ran down the stairs and opened the door. "Hey! Hate to break this up. But we got company."

Avery and Hamish sighed in annoyance and filled Randall up stairs.

Avery turned the corner and saw Addison standing in front of Lilith. "Relax," Addison spoke with her hands up. "I only want to talk." Addison said.

"Like hell you do." Lilith replied bitterly, her eyes turning silver.

"Stand down, Lilith." Avery said, her voice booming over Lilith's. Lilith and Addison turned and looked at Avery with glowing golden eyes.

Avery stormed over to Addison, "You got a lot of fucking nerve to show up here, you little bitch!"

Addison put her hands out, "Wait." Addison said, making Avery's eyes go back to brown, "Just wait. You've shown your dominance to Drogo. He's officially terrified on you."

Avery chucked. "We should make sure it stays that way." Avery growled, her eyes turning gold again.

"Avery." Hamish said sternly, causing the red head to look back at Hamish. "Don't." Hamish said softly.

Avery's eyes turned back to normal as she turned to face Addison. "What the hell do you want?" Avery asked.

"Peace." Addison replied.

"You should thought about that before you decided to kidnap Avery and Hamish." Lilith interject, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

"Seriously?! That was a long time ago. Your leg healed!" Addison said, gesturing to Avery's leg. Avery scoffed, she looked back at Hamish who shook his head. Avery sighed and looked back at Addison, "What're your terms?" She asked. 

"Are you fucking insane?" Lilith asked. "What?!" Randall asked. "Avery, think this through." Hamish added. 

"Shut up!" Avery said. "I'm in charge here... Addison, what're your terms?" Avery asked. 

"Your little friends killed half my men. There are only four of us left, you understand, right Avery?" Addison asked. Avery rolled her eyes, "Very funny." 

"You stop killing my men, I'll stop hunting yours." Addison said. 

"One more condition," Avery said taking a step closer. "we want your Hide back." 

"Fuck no." Addison replied. "Then no deal. Sleep with one eye open." Avery retorted. "I'm not in the mood to get killed." Addison replied. 

"I'll gladly do it." Lilith said. 

"Come on, Ava. Just like the good ol' days, hm?" Addison asked. "Your hide better be in the fucking Hide Locker or I'll tear it out your back myself." Avery threatened. 

"Watch your tone." Addison replied, her eyes turning silver. "You think you can take me and Accalia?" Avery asked as her eyes turned gold. 

"I've been a Knight a lot longer than you." Addison replied. 

"Actually, you've been a Knight three years before Avery came along. Seven years ago when we took down the WS, you hit your five year mark. But you left the Knights and brought back the WS. So you've technically been a Knight for five years, while Avery's been ones for nine." Hamish cut in. 

Avery turned and pointed at him, "Thank you." Hamish nodded. Lilith bit down on her lip to keep in her laughed. Randall laughed softly, "Damn, he ended your ass." Randall whispered softly. 

"Either you take my terms or we have no deal." Avery said. 

"Fine." Addison said. "Deal.." Avery held out her hand, Addison hesitated and grabbed Avery's hand and shook it. 

"Sorry." Avery said. 

"For what--" Avery pulled Addison to her, Avery spun around and grabbed a knife from her jacket. She sliced the knife across Addison's neck. 

"Fuck!" Lilith exclaimed. "Holy shit!" Randall yelled. Avery watched silently as Addison's body fell, blood coming from her neck. 

"There's only four of them left. Three now." Avery said. "We'll end them tomorrow night." Avery started walking away, she slammed the knife down on a small desk beside Hamish. 

"I didn't expect that." Hamish said, picking up the knife.