ten

----

----

AVERY WALKED BACK UP STAIRS AND TAPPED LILITH'S HEAD. "I'm helping you since Randall kicked me out." She told her.

"What?" Lilith asked in surprise. "What did you do?" Hamish asked. "All I did was turn into Accalia and tackle Jack." Avery said innocently.

"Honestly, not the worst thing you've done." Hamish replied.

'Be honest, if Lilith wasn't here, you and Hamish would totally make out.' Accalia said. "What!?" Avery yelled suddenly.

Lilith and Hamish looked over at her. Avery chuckled nervously, "Sorry." She said. Randall walked up the stairs and Lilith stood up, "Come on." She said, linking arms with Avery.

Avery smirked at Randall as she walked past him. Randall looked at Hamish, "You're going let her go down there with Jack?" He asked.

"I can't control her." Hamish replied.

"You should learn how to." Randall said, sitting down.

----

Lilith sat down in front of Jack with a bag chips, she offered one to him and he shook his head. "So, this one time, me and Avery," Lilith started. "she's the Alpha right, so we go one runs and missions a lot together."

"Some witches were sacrificing some rando, me and Lilith chased them and we took them all down." Avery added.

"She bit one's throat out and I clawed two down simultaneously." Lilith said.

"So... your stagey is... basically kill them all?" Jack asked. Lilith and Avery nodded, "Of course. You should've seen what I did to the--"

Lilith elbowed her knee causing Avery to wince softly. "To the group of deers." Lilith said. Avery stared at her in confusion, Lilith stood up and grabbed Avery's upper arm and dragged her into the Hide Locker.

"I know we shouldn't have talked about it behind your back." Lilith said softly.

"What?" Avery asked.

"Hamish, Randall, and I agreed that we should keep the WS to ourselves. Last thing Jack needs right not is to worry about wolf hunters breathing down our necks." Lilith explained.

"When were you going to tell me about this?" Avery asked, crossing her arms.

"Soon, I promise, but I didn't expect you to start bragging about murdering Addison in cold blood." Lilith answered.

"It wasn't cold blood, Addison would've betrayed us. You know it." Avery replied.

"This is exactly why we did this without you." Lilith said.

Avery sighed, "Okay. Maybe Hamish was right."

"Wait what?" Lilith asked.

"Never mind!" Avery said, pushing the door back open. "I'm leaving." Avery told Jack.

"Where are you going?" Both Jack and Lilith asked.

Avery ignored them and left the two alone. Avery walked past Randall and Hamish, "Where're you going?!" Hamish asked as she passed him.

"I'm tired. Accalia is tired. I'm going to rest. Is that illegal?" Avery asked sarcastically.

Avery walked up the stairs and into her room. 'Are you okay?' Accalia asked.

"I'm fine." Avery said.

'You don't sound fine'

"I'm tired. Just... I just need some rest."

'You should rest. You don't sound too hot. Or look hot.'

"Thanks." Avery said sarcastically.

EIGHT YEARS AGO;
THE DEN,
NOON

"This is a bad idea, Avery." Becca said, standing in front of her sister.

"No, we should do this. He's smart, he's strong. Tundra will pick him." Avery replied.

"Avery, absolutely not." Becca replied.

"I'm the alpha here." Avery said.

"And I'm your older sister." Becca replied. "Are you two okay?" Addison asked, walking into the living room with Cassie behind her.

"Great. The calvary's here." Avery said, rolling her eyes. "What're you two arguing about?" Addison asked.

"She wants Hamish in the Knights." Becca said.

"What?" Addison asked.

"See? Terrible idea." Becca said.

"It's actually kinda brilliant." Addison said, "He's smart. We could use that kind of brains in the Knights."

"See? Great idea." Avery said.

"Cass?" Becca asked. Cassie sighed and sat down. "Whatever." Cassie said.

"I'll lure him out." Addison said, walking away. "I'll move the chest out." Becca said, also walking away.

Cassie looked at Avery, "How long are we going to be mad at each other?" Cassie asked.

"How ever long it takes." Avery said, walking over to her.

Cassie opened her mouth and Avery shut her up, "I trusted you." Avery said. "I actually believed we were friends."

"Ava, we are." Cassie said. "It was a mistake."

"And I'm sorry. You destroyed every once of trust I had for you." Avery said.

Avery scoffed and walked away. Cassie sighed, "Avery, I didn't mean it. I... I didn't.."

"He'll follow you everywhere. After I lost my ex, I was heartbroken and you knew that. You knew what I went through. And when I met Hamish, I finally felt... Happy again."

"And I'm sorry. I know what I did. I know what we did. I'm so sorry, how many times do I have to apologize?" Cassie asked.

"I don't know. Until I forgive you." Avery said, she backed away and walked away.