eleven

----

----

BACK IN THE PRESENT, AVERY sat next to Lilith in front of Randall and Hamish watching Jack, who was nervously pacing around the room.

"Why isn't it working?" Jack asked. Avery sighed, "You're not embracing Silverback."

"You're saying that like he's separate from me." Jack replied.

"He is." Avery said.

"And he isn't." Hamish added.

"Cause that clears things up." Jack muttered. Avery scoffed and stood up, "Just trust your Hide. Feel that same sensation you felt when you first turned into a wolf."

"I don't remember that sensation!" Jack snapped.

Avery's eyes turned gold and back to normal, causing Jack to take a small step back. "See that?" Avery asked.

Jack nodded.

"I'm trusting Accalia. You need to trust Silverback. Feel that bond, that... that connection.." Avery explained.

Randall leaned forward, "How did you feel when... Benson was in danger?"

Jack closed his eyes and Avery sat down. "Worry... C-Concerned..." Jack said.

Jack opened his eyes and his pupils where a bright silver. Hamish and Avery looked at each with surprised expressions and looked back at Jack who was slowly transforming into Silverback.

"Fuck yeah." Avery said.

Pretty soon, Silverback stood in front of the four Knights. Lilith gasped softly and Randall smiled.

Three seconds later, Silverback turned back into Jack. Jack put his robe on and looked at the four knights.

"You were right. Clarke was being controlled by some magic... And..."

"You saved Mrs. Benson." Randall said.

"Yeah." Jack said. Jack looked at Avery, "Shit." Avery said softly. "You knew?" Jack asked.

"Knew what?" Hamish asked.

"You were there!" Jack yelled.

EIGHT YEARS AGO;
THE DEN,
2 WEEKS LATER.

"Avery?" Becca asked, poking her head in Avery's room. Becca saw there was no one there so she left. Walking downstairs, Becca asked, "Have any of you guys seen Avery?"

"No." Addison replied, "Go Fish."

"Fuck!" Cassie yelled. Cassie turned to Becca, "Also, no. I haven't."

Becca sighed and walked into the kitchen, "Hamish?" She asked. Becca walked back into the living room, "Where did Hamish go?"

"I don't know. Shuffle." Addison replied, handing the stack of cards to Cassie. "Can we do something else? I suck at card games." Cassie asked. "Also, I don't know either." Cassie told Becca.

"Where the fuck are they?" Becca asked herself.

"Did you try calling?" Addison asked, dealing cards to Cassie. Becca stayed silent and took out her phone, "Totally. I just... I'm trying again." Becca said, putting the phone to her ear.

Addison chuckled.

----

Avery panted softly and picked up her phone, "What?" Avery asked. "Where are you?" Becca asked.

"Out, why?" Avery asked.

"Where are you?" Becca repeated.

"I'm with Hamish. Why?" Avery asked. "Hamish? I thought you hated him." Becca replied. Avery looked at Hamish laying on the ground, completely exhausted and covered in sweat.

Avery chuckled, "I... I got him back." Avery replied, smiling and turning away.

"What did you do!? Is he dead? Can I expect his Hide coming home?" Becca asked.

Avery laughed, "No. We raced, I won." Avery replied. "I hate you!" Hamish groaned in the background.

"Don't hurt him okay?" Becca asked. A knock on the door made all the Knights look at the door. "Who is it?" Cassie asked. Addison shrugged.

"I'll call you back..." Becca said.

"Becs?" Avery asked.

Then, the line went dead. "Shit." Avery said, putting her phone away. "Come on, Hamish let's go."

"What!?" Hamish asked. "We're running again?"

Meanwhile, Becca walked over to the door as Addison and Cassie stood up.

Becca opened the door, revealing a tall man, husky and muscular. "Who are you?" Becca asked.

"Is this the Knights of Saint Christopher's house?" The man asked.

Becca inhales softly and slammed the door, "Code Silver." Becca said to Addison and Cassie.

Addison's and Cassie's eyes turned silver. Becca turned and locked the door. She turned around and there stood Drogo and Timber.

Becca's eyes turned silver, "You know what to do." Becca said. Drogo and Timber nodded and walked out the backside.

Becca looked over her shoulder, "Come on, Avery." She said softly.

——

Avery looked at her phone while walking next to Hamish,

'CODE SILVER; GET HOME NOW!!!!'

"Oh shit." Avery said softly. Hamish looked over at Avery, "What?" Hamish asked.

"We have to move. Now." Avery said. Hamish furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and her eyes turned golden, "Code silver."

"Huh?" Hamish asked softly.

——

Accalia and Timber ran over to the edge of the forest where they saw multiple people fighting Drogo, Timber, and Mercury; Becca's hide.

Accalia and Tundra snared and ran into the battle. Accalia ran and bit down on one of the men's neck and threw him to the side.

Mercury looked at Accali as she landed on her feet. Mercury nodded as did Accalia.

The two wolves both ran back into the fight and killed majority of the men there.

a gunshot echoed through all of the Knights wars and Mercury whined in pain. Accalia ran over to Mercury.

Tranquilizer darts dashed through the air and hit all of the Knights. Accalia whined and stumbled over her feet.

Accalia, Drogo, Tundra, Mercury, and Timber all hit the ground at the same time.