Part 6

(Y/N) leans on the steering wheel of the jeep, her head in her hands as she yawns. The other two finally join her. "Want me to drive?" Nadine asks and Chloe shakes her head.

"No, (Y/N)'s perfectly fine."

"I don't mind."

"I do."

(Y/N) chuckles, Chloe getting in the front seat and Nadine at the back. "Are you satisfied now?" The (H/C) asks her, starting up the car.

"A hundred kilometres without sign of Asav. I don't like it." Nadine grumbles.

"You don't like anything." The other replies, driving them up.

"That's what I said." Chloe says and Nadine just rolls her eyes at the two. "I got a dumb question." She adds.

"So much for that." Chloe jokes.

"How do you know the tusk is still there?"

"It would've turned up in a museum or something by now, right? Plus I haven't seen any Hoysala exhibitions." Chloe answers.

"I've never even heard of the Hoysala before this job."

"Yeah, well, that's the fault of their last king, really. Young, reckless, flaunted his empire's wealth. Built a new capital to house the Tusk."

(Y/N) drives them up a small waterfall as Chloe explains this. "And then led the Persians right to their doorstep."

"And now us." Nadine states.

"And now us."

"Look, flamingoes!" (Y/N) exclaims, driving slowly but they still all fly away. She drives them through a waterfall and shivers at the sudden chill of water. "Refreshing."

"Could've warned me." Nadine mutters, shaking the drops out of hair.

"Where's the fun in that?" Chloe grins. "So, it's quite nice to be outdoors, isn't it? Away from the city." She carries on a conversation.

"Quieter. You come back here often?" Nadine replies.

"No. Not really."

They go downhill, splashing into the puddles at the bottom as Nadine warns her to slow down.

"Well, look at this. Hoysala ruins." Chloe points out.

"Can we get though that gate?" Nadine asks and (Y/N) shrugs, getting out. "Let's have a look."

The three make their way over to it and Chloe studies the pictures on the doors. "The old capitals."

"What've we got?"

"Halebidu and Belur." (Y/N) answers Nadine and Chloe looks at her in shock. "What? I read a few books."

"I though these were Ganesh and Shiva?" Nadine states, more confused.

"Someone's been paying attention. Ganesh was the guardian of Halebidu, the newer of the Hoysala capitals." Chloe tells her. "Shiva was the guardian of the former capital Belur."

"Well the stonework is beautiful." (Y/N) gushes.

"But this isn't much of a defensive wall." Nadine says. Chloe hums and then nods. "Sculptors' quarters by the look of it. We're still on the outskirts."

"Didn't take you for an archaeologist."

"That would be my dad, actually. I'm just a thief remember?" Chloe gives Nadine a smile.

(Y/N) heads back towards the jeep and pulls on the winch at the front, already having thought of a way to open the gates. She gives it to Chloe, who wraps it around the beam and then gets back in the driver's seat.

"Didn't I tell you (Y/N) would be useful." Chloe quips.

Just before they can pull down the gates, some of Asav's men jump down and ambush them. The women make short work of them, grabbing any spare ammo and returning to the task at hand.

They get back into the jeep and reverse it, making the gates fall and act as a ramp. It's not long before Chloe's striving up another conversation: "you're awfully quiet."

"I'm just surprised is all. Figured you two would be more of 'leave no trace' type when it comes to ruins." Nadine admits.

"Sentimentality in this line of work? Get you killed." Chloe replies, smirking at (Y/N).

She continues driving them along their bumpy path, over a small bridge and through a cave where bats come flying out.

"What? They're just large, flying rodents." She says at the other two freaking out.

"Actually, no they're not." Nadine counters.

"Yeah they are." Chloe backs (Y/N) up.

"They're closer to primates and lemurs."

"Okay, well I'll look it up." Chloe huffs, pulling out her phone.

"Doubtful that'll work out here." (Y/N) states, pushing her foot down to get them up the muddy hill.

She turns to Chloe, who had put her phone away. "Well?"

"Shut up..." She mumbles and (Y/N) laughs.

"Stop!" Nadine exclaims and she slams her foot on the brake.

Nadine stands and looks over the two, across to some more ruins but this time being guarded by Asav's men. "Asav." She sighs in annoyance.

"Well spotted."

"Shit. He's bought a whole battalion with him." She adds, looking through her binoculars. "Might even be more inside already."

"Hey, I'm flattered that he's taking us so seriously." Chloe chuckles.

"We gotta get through that gate." Nadine says.

"We gotta take out these clowns first." (Y/N) reminds her.

"Any of you have a plan?"

The two looks at each other and (Y/N) nods. "Yeah." Chloe shrugs. "Sure."

Chloe drops back down into the passenger seat and (Y/N) gives her a grin. "Welcome back, sweetie."

"Thanks honey."

Nadine shakes her head at the two's behaviour and (Y/N) drives them out into the opening. A huge tower stood tall and proud, sat in the middle of everything with the fog draping around it.

"Woah. That's a lot of ground to cover." Nadine breathes out.

"True, but unlike your boy Asav, we've got an advantage." Chloe tells her.

"The three symbols."

"Let's look at the map." She pulls it out of her pocket and points to where they are. "I can mark it down as we go." She states.

"Then what are we waiting for?" (Y/N) questions, revving up the engine and pressing her foot down.