Part 17

"What is this place?"

"Throne room? Place to hide a magnificent bejewelled Tusk?" Chloe smirks.

"Let's hope so."

(Y/N) swims her way to an area she can stand on and points out the broken stairs indicating they need to go up.

"Shit. I just realised something." Chloe curses.

"I think I know what it is."

"That we're gonna need that disc soon?"

"Not much we can do until we find Asav." (Y/N) sighs.

"Or until he finds us." Nadine points out, following the two who had begun climbing up and around a set of stairs. They find a crank and Chloe approaches it, pulling it down to make Shiva's lower right hand move outwards.

"Maybe it's because the statue's enormous, but I just now noticed Shiva's got a king cobra for a necklace." Nadine says. (Y/N) stares at her, giving an incredulous look and shaking her head as Chloe leads them across the arm.

They climb their way up and around to get to the crank on the other side. "Bringing down Shiva's drum..." Chloe states, pulling the crank.

"Looks more like an hourglass." (Y/N) counters, the three racing to get across the arm and climb it.

"It's an hourglass-shaped drum!" Chloe yells, grabbing on in time as it begins raising back up. They make their way over to the wheel in the wall and (Y/N) turns it. "Just don't get us killed." Nadine warns.

"It's not up to me." She replies, watching the water come speeding down and run down the arm to the hand. "Need to do the same on the other side."

"Safe bet." Nadine shrugs.

"Off you go." (Y/N) waves Chloe away and she rolls her eyes, but goes off anyway, sliding down the water. The pair stand in silence until Nadine clears her throat. "So you and Sam huh."

(Y/N) twists her ring and hums, the awkward tension resuming. "How did you meet?" The wife scratches her head. "Um, I helped him and Nate steal their mom's stuff back."

"Oh."

The spear on the other side begins lifting up and Nadine moves to the edge. "Hey, are you doing that?"

"Ah, no. The statue's come to life!" Chloe yells back.

"That's what I thought!" Nadine chuckles.

The two watch her climb up on the spear, balancing carefully and walking up it when all of a sudden, it begins going back down again. "Hang on!" (Y/N) shouts as she slips and grabs the ledge.

"Oh... good suggestion!" The spear is up right again and Chloe sighs. "That was a close one."

She swings her way across and turns a similar wheel that (Y/N) did, making the water do the same thing. A door besides Nadine and (Y/N) opens up and they walk through, meeting Chloe in the middle.

"Fancy meeting you here."

"Let's see what's up there, shall we?" Chloe grins.

Going up the stairs, Nadine frowns at the crank at the top. "Is this it?" The others shrug and Chloe pulls it down to make the bottom hands move in and let the water gush into the bowl. A light shoots out from the statue. "The third eye of Shiva..."