Part 19

I miss Nathan Drake :((

Chloe drives this time with Nadine in the passenger and the married couple sat at the back. Sam cleans the glasses he stole off the man who was supposed to be guarding the jeep. He places them on his face and turns to his wife with a cheeky smirk. "Yeah? Yeah, these are nice."

"Of course they are, baby." She pats his leg.

"There. Railroad tracks." Nadine points.

"We'll stop here." Chloe parks up and the four get out, jumping down onto a lower ledge of the cliff overlooking the railroads.

"Asav will have lookouts throughout the area. Best err on the side of caution." Nadine states.

"Right, right, right. And then we lose the Tusk." Sam frowns, shrugging.

"You're welcome to stay behind if you'd like." Nadine tells him.

"I'm just saying, that maybe we -"

"Less talking. More walking." (Y/N) tuts.

"So all that time in Asav's care, and you couldn't get any intel on the buyers?" Nadine asks Sam as soon as the group had moved forward a few steps. "Uh, well, I tried. Asav's a cagey one. Almost never talked shop in front of me."

"Can't imagine why."

"Hey, he trusted me enough to believe I was an expert in all this Hoy-sah-la crap." He huffs.

"Hoysala." Nadine corrects.

"Yeah, that too."

"By the way, thanks for keeping him busy for us." Chloe looks back with a smile.

"Yeah. You know I wanted to... buy you some time. In case... you were coming to get me." He admits.

"Of course we were."

"Seriously, thanks. I thought I was a goner." (Y/N) gives him a sad smile, placing a reassuring hand on his arm. "You know I'd never let that happen."

"Neither would I... your brother would never let me hear the end of it." Chloe jokes and he chuckles.

They slide their way down and come across some more of the broke train tracks. Walking across a piece of wood acting as a bridge, they then crawl their way through a hole in the wall and drop down the other side.

"Shit, you hear that?" Sam asks.

The chopper comes into view again and Chloe frowns. "It's circling."

"Asav thinks we're dead. Let's try and keep it that way." Nadine states, already climbing up the ledges.

"So, Nadine..." Sam begins.

"We're not on a first name basis."

"Okay, fine. I heard you worked for Asav, too?" He asks. "How'd ah... how'd you deal with his torture?"

Nadine looks horrified at his question whilst (Y/N) moves up with Chloe to stop herself from laughing at her expression. "Wha- what do you mean? Did he torture you?"

"Oh yeah. Wouldn't stop talking about himself or his cause. It's like, I get it, man. You don't have to sell me on it. I'm just here to make some scratch."

"Can't stand it when people prattle on incessantly." Nadine rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, I know right?"

(Y/N) drops down onto the mud and slides across to the ledges, pulling herself up and in front of vines. "Should've packed my machete." Chloe sighs, the two pulling a gap between and letting Nadine through.