Part 16

It's my birthday in 20 minutes so here's a chapter from me to you :) <3

"How do we get in?" Nadine quizzes.

"Don't know..." Chloe mutters.

"Looks like dwellings along the side... so let's go up." (Y/N) observes.

Jumping onto them, she ducks down and shushes the other two, pointing carefully to Asav's forces. (Y/N) begins making her way around the pillar, swinging across and into the ruin so not to be seen by the patrol.

The trio stealthily eliminate the soldiers, but it doesn't last long and they engage in a fight. They push their way through the ruins, taking out anyone in their way and using the heavier guns for more damage.

Finally, when the dust settles, they're all clear.

"Right, back to it." Chloe says, jogging over to the door. Her and (Y/N) push their full weight against it and it opens up, making them stumble in.

"Let's see where this goes." (Y/N) says, heading down until she comes back out to the same place as before. "Must be a way into the city somewhere." She states, frowning.

Chloe brushes past her and takes the lead, jumping across to the lone pillar, climbing up as the other two follow. An explosion sounds in the distance and Nadine points to the smoke coming from the building in front of them.

"Guess Asav couldn't find an entrance, so he made his own." Chloe states.

"You'd think Asav would have more respect for this place." (Y/N) adds.

"Asav only respects Asav." Nadine huffs.

The trio carry on through the ruins and the rubble until Nadine speaks up again: "never thought I'd see a place more spectacular than Halebidu."

"It's a shame in a way, that Belur's hidden from the world." Chloe sighs.

"Well, now we know why."

They crawl through a small cave, coming out to the rush of multiple waterfalls. (Y/N) motions to the broken stone face in front of them once they had climbed up. "Another God?"

"I'm guessing it's one of the Hoysala kings."

"How many kings did they have in their day?" Nadine questions.

"Eleven. The young king was the last in their line."

"Well, his plan worked - he saved this city from the Persians." Nadine states.

(Y/N) swings across the gap, landing on the platform above the waterfall they passed and scales the wall to the top.

"Just keeps getting more and more spectacular." Nadine breathes.

"And in case there was any doubt this was Belur - Lord Shiva." Chloe says, admiring the massive statue out front, in between the stairs.

"Plus Nandi. And I'm guessing that's Ganesh? At least before he got the elephant's head." Nadine points to them individually.

"Could be. Might also be Kartikeya - Shiva's elder son. He's the Hindu God of war." Chloe replies.

"Sounds like they chose different paths." (Y/N) mutters, making her way up the stairs. At the top, she indicates to the entrance with a sigh. "Blown the entrance. Gotta be that explosion we heard."

"There's always another way in." Chloe reminds her.

They scour the area until she comes across a gap in the wall and crawls through it, coughing at the smoke from the explosion. Chloe and Nadine follow carefully behind, dropping down the other side in a room pooled with water in the middle.