Part 20

-Time skip to the helicopter-

The trio climb into the helicopter, wanting to end this as they leave Sam behind.

"Oh, hi!" Chloe exclaims at Orca standing and throwing her against the side of the helicopter.

The three women try to wrestle the Tusk out of Orca's hands, but the mercenary has other ideas, pulling out a gun. (Y/N) grabs his hand, redirecting the shot to the pilot and making the plane go crashing towards the ground.

As they near the ground, they fall out the door and the helicopter crashes by, narrowly missing them. Sam grabs his wife and the pair roll until he's hovering over her. 

Flashback

Sam breathes deeply. "You're doing this for Nathan. Get it together." He whispers, slowly opening the window. Taking another deep breath he steps inside, careful not to make a sound.

The house is silent. No lights were on and nobody was in. He made sure of that. Sitting outside, watching the house to see if the figure he saw left would return, but they never did.

Immediately, Sam makes his way downstairs, grabbing any valuables he can and shoving them into a bag and his pockets. He hesitates for a moment, taking a glance at the family picture on the stand and tearing his eyes away before he can study their faces.

"This is for your little brother." He whispers.

Heading back upstairs, the bathroom door opens from behind him.

"What are you doing in my house?" A girl's voice asks, making him spin around and drop the bag.

She wore casual clothing, a towel in her hand as she drys the bottom of her hair with it. She looked about Sam's age.

"Your dad - he's, uh, he's big in the treasure hunting world. I was hoping to meet him." Sam lies.

The girl eyes him, taking a few steps forward and making him back up. "I didn't hear the doorbell."

"I knocked."

"And then let yourself in?"

"Your mom let me in."

''She's out.'' The girl answers, stopping in front of him. ''What are you really doing here and what's in the bag?"

"My notes for this thing I want your dad to look at." Sam says, but it sounds more like a question.

"Yeah, nice try. He's away on an expedition. I can take a look." The teenager grabs the bag and Sam pulls away, pushing her down to the floor as she struggles. His grip was gentle, not wanting to hurt her in anyway but panicking in the moment.

"Look, I'm really sorry about all this, but I'm desperate. I need to support my little brother so if you could just let me leave."

She stops struggling, staring up at the guy pinning her down and rolls her eyes. "Oh yeah. You take all my shit and walk free, that sounds reasonable."

"Princess, please."

"Don't call me that."

"In all fairness, you shouldn't have left your window wide open."

"I didn't."

Sam chuckles and his head droops, the grip on her wrists loosening. "I need this. You don't call the police and I'll -"